taking truck to the shop tomorrow

Old 01-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
taking truck to the shop tomorrow

Well I am hating to do this but I'm going to take my screw in to have the axle seals replaced tomorrow. Its not making any grinding noise but the fluid leaking on the inside of the right rear is starting to bother me. I want to catch this b/f it gets any worse and I dont want to have to wind up buying a rearend. I could do this if my dad could help me but as of late he has to go over the road{he is a trucker} to make ends meet.Also the shop is changing my oil{yes I usually do this myself} but it is way to freezing cold to do it outside-high of 10 w/ wind chill of 15 degrees BELOW zero!!

Old 01-15-2009, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW what a difference picked up the truck and I didnt have to have the bearings replaced!! all n all everything was $330! I didnt think that was too bad for parts and labor even though I supplied the oil and filter.Shop said bearings looked brand new!! Im soo happy plus I didnt have to lie on the ground in the freezing cold weather to change the axle seals and engine oil!!Man that rear gear lube is some expensive stuff though!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: taking truck to the shop tomorrow