4x4 system and plow question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4x4 system and plow question?

This may have been a coincidence (which I think it was.) But a few weeks ago when we got our first foot of snow roughly, I was in my Dad's '04 (new style) and we have a Fisher plow on it. I backed down my driveway, dropped the plow, put it in 4H, light came on, went to go, rear tires spun and I fish tailed. I spent a good 5-8 hours trying to figure it out. Even tried it in 4L, again the light came on, but no go. Brought it to the dealer the next day, his pass. side hub was gone, some of the 4x4 wiring was corroded they said, so it wasn't getting proper signal, and they said the 4x4 module was gone, which is funny because it's on the floor, and I thought only the shift on the fly's had those. He bought his truck with all the wiring/frame on it from a dealer, and this is our first year with an actual plow on it. So, my question is, would the isolation module for the plow system, interfere with the 4x4? I would think not, but that's why I'm asking here. We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow, so I figure I'd ask. Was this just an isolated incident? The 4wd system was flawless last year. Thanks.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
IWE solenoid is a common problem with the generation you have.

Quick Reply: 4x4 system and plow question?