F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Other Powertrain (https://www.f150online.com/forums/other-powertrain-15/)
-   -   4wheelparts sent me wrong gears what should i do (https://www.f150online.com/forums/other-powertrain/357048-4wheelparts-sent-me-wrong-gears-what-should-i-do.html)

_cashel 12-22-2008 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by minimonster17 (Post 3501420)
have you recalibrated your speedometer/odometer via custom tuning? if not, your calculations are WAY off.:coffee:

No, I haven't, and I know they're off. RPM's should still read the same though. Basing my mileage and how much gas it took for me to get from ocala to orlando before the 38's/gears and after, it takes only a little more gas going the same speed (I do know how much my speedo is off). It's nothing compared to when I was running the 38's with stock gearing where I KNOW I was getting single digits there. One of these days I'm going to have to just go and get my **** recalibrated.

Nemisus 12-22-2008 07:16 PM

5.13's with 35s... NO questions!! Although thats not in my F150!!

Hope it all works out for you! The more I read about 4wheelparts... the less I want to think about buying from them!

Cheers

Nem

minimonster17 12-22-2008 07:21 PM

cashel, i was referring to the other guy too. his bitching may be based off of inaccurate observations.

blackf150337 12-22-2008 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by minimonster17 (Post 3501444)
cashel, i was referring to the other guy too. his bitching may be based off of inaccurate observations.

my bitching? no sorry dude, i have my speedo exactly calibrated with my edge programmer. i've even had a friend shoot me with his radar. And those mpg rating are an average of the evolution's avg. mpg and my calculations from long drives. I don't know if ya'll have different transmissions or what.

Bartak1 12-22-2008 10:50 PM

Wow, something is wierd there. 4.88s and 37s should be a good combo.....def. not an 80 MPH top speed and rediculous gas milage combo!

Hell, whenever I get around to regearing (sometime in the very distant future) I plan on doing 4.56s with only 33s.

As for 4 Wheel Parts......take those gear to them in person and shove them up their azz. I hate 4WPs with a passion and will never, ever do business with them again. If I had the time I would make a huge bomb, get a plane ticket, and then leave the bomb on their door step. F 4WPs!

minimnstr 12-22-2008 11:50 PM

DAMN! sounds like 4WP's could f--k up an anvil if you gave em the chance. sorry to hear about your problems dude. hope everything works out.

minimonster17 12-23-2008 09:09 AM

blackf150337, do you have the 5.4? yes, we have slightly different transmissions, we have the 4R70W, whereas you have the 4R75E. I don't know though if the torque converters are set at different stall speeds, or not. also, the 97-03's still used a physical throttle cable, whereas you have the drive by wire.

i still think you're getting horrendously low fuel mileage, if your edge's calculations are correct. I bet a custom dyno tune would improve your truck's performance, and mileage.

i will NEVER do business with any 4WP store, period.

blackf150337 12-24-2008 12:31 AM

ah i see i get 13 mpg city and hwy if i drive 65

efuehrin 12-24-2008 11:26 AM

black150337, I don't know how it's possible that you can only go 80mph. I used to have 35's with 4:88s and I could easily hit 90 mph.

And yes that's with a calibrated speedo.

Somethings screwed up on your truck if 80mph is your top speed.

06yz250f 12-24-2008 12:00 PM

4wp is a PIA. all i hear is complaints lately about them

black, something is up with your truck. you should be seeing stock gearing or pretty close to it with your combo. what RPMS are you running at 80mph? are you sure your edge doesn't cut you off at 80?

ssj4shane 12-24-2008 03:34 PM

TO make it worse they sent me a email and lied in it.

they said they sent me the G-2 gears and that i shoulda been told of the change BUT no they sent me the cheaper genuine gears witch i did not even order and are 70 bucks CHEAPer then what i was charged.

The company is gone down hill..

I dident even know you guys were haveing problems with them too.

The part number for cheap genuine gears start with "G/G FD"

The G2 gear part number starts with "G/G F8"

My gears Say on the BOX that they sent me "G/G FD-975-456"

If they were G2's they should say "G/G F8-975-456"

This is what they said to me in the email back
hello

yes we sent the g2 gears they are produced by the same company the precision got there gears from. precsion/alloy usa are no longer in business they closed there doors the end of november. we will gladly pick the gears up from you. they should have told you before they shipped. the g2's do have a lifetime warranty against anything that happens to them.

thanks rody

to get a return no. call 800/421-1050

And this is what i emailed to them befor i got that back

HEY i think we have a big problem...
u guys sent me the wrong gears

the ones i ordered IN this mail are Part # P/GF97/456L
the gears i payed for and wanted...

The gears i have are G/G FD-975-456

---- There is more to the email but im just showing that i said to them the part number...

I wana sew them for ****ing me around to tell you the truth..

we should do a class action sut if you guys have alot of problems

ssj4shane 12-24-2008 03:47 PM

O in my truck 2v 5.4 with 4.56 n a tune i can hit 120-124 with over drive OFF running around 5500 rpms lol

at the time
4.56 gearing
35x12.5
high flow cats only 2
flowmaster 40
troyer tune
e-fan only
msd coil packs n wires... my truck came with a 4.6 wired motor...

ur tires are much bigger but 80 should not be your top speed...
and dont expect good MPG after 60-70 mph

ECGS 01-03-2009 03:17 AM

You should have bought your gears from me anyways www.eastcoastgearsupply.com

Why consumers continue to buy from these large companies that F you everytime you order something is beyond me. At no point in time did you ever talk to anyone there that even knows how to rebiuld a diff. Furthermore check our site and notice that there is not any geniune **** on there. Why? Because we rebiuld diffs for a living and we know better. They are cheap ass gears with cheap ****ing chineese bearings in there kits that barely come w/ enough stuff to set them up for the not everyday gear installer. And their fawking expensive is the best part. (Oh and the geniune kits claiming to be timken bearings are not. They say on them made for timken big difference) I have posted on here for months now giving tech support and yet have recieved maybe 2 orders form you guys. I learned about this board b/c a member here came in after some ace mechanic installed some poo poo gears and it started whining 3 weeks later. it looked like a 5 year old set it up. Ive set up geniunes and had no issues but I charge more to set them up if your setting them up you better know how to read a pattern and be ready to make some heavy adjustments and be less than satisfied with the end result and then don't go expecting to run highhorsepower and big tires. In addition the best part to buying from us is you will talk to me on the phone 90% of the time and you can always ask for me. I.E. if there is an issue you have someone who actually cares to resolve it and relies on a reputation to make a living. you need a refund I type in your card # and hit refund, I don't have to check with Vickie in the refund dept. who has to ask her boss, who has to ask her boss, who incedently is playing golf and doesn't give a damn, and wala no refund. You have a tech Q on the product you purchased great you can actually call the guy who sold it to you and he will know the answer. If you would have done a google search for "precision ford 8.8 gears" http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-127...nd-pinion.html I would have been the 3rd listing. JT's diffs is also 1st page they are also top notch.
You don't have to buy from me but there are other companies that specialize in rear ends and know what they are doing JT's being one of them.

Rant over but seriously guys If you want quality products at a fair price you should really call me.

On another note the reason why 4wp was out of stock on precisions is b/c precision went out of buisiness and was purchased my omix. They are still going to be made under omix with the same quality but the price is going to be higher. We still have a good quantity left at reasonable prices. Yukon makes a great 8.8 gear, motives are also pretty good, I have heard that the 8.8 gears are niosy but agian ive set them up in 8.8 and not had a problem.

ssj4shane 01-14-2009 09:06 PM

ECGS next time ill hit you up if i need any thing rearend wize..

BUT 4wheelparts is still pissing me off...

i sent them back the gears and told the lady i just wanted my money back..
AND on a peace of paper inside the gears i wrote down saying i want A REFUND... and why

they gave me instore money...
i had to call them woundering why i havent got my money...
if i dont see money in my bank in 2 days...
im calling the bank and telling them whats up and have them take care of this.

AND no one told me they were holding onto my money to spend at there store..
how could i have even used it...

PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM 4WHEEL PARTS...
the one dude i talked too said he runs the gears in his 800hp diesel and said there all the same BLA BLA BLA...
but once i told him they dident send me the g2 gears but the even cheaper ones then that he just shut up because he dident know what he was talking about