shaking on turning acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shaking on turning acceleration

i have a leveling kit and add a leaf in the truck with 285/65/20's. the truck shakes a lot when i start from a stop while turning such as a right hand turn at a stop sign. i took it to the dealer and they said they cant do anything under warranty because the lifts and tires but they think its because of the pinion angle. is their a kit out there to correct this problem?

Old 11-14-2008, 03:14 PM
I have this same problem and also have a leveling kit. I haven't found the solution yet but I am about to try a bottle of friction control. Hopefully, this helps lube up the differential and all those parts in there. A mechanic said that it might be the clutch going out. The clutch slows one tire while turning which could possible lead to the shaking.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:39 AM
Doing some searching on this same subject and found this thread:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ot...ring-only.html

Old 12-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My mom has a 2003 Expedition with the 5.4 and a limited slip in it. Now i know its probably a bit different then the trucks but still. Well at about 90,000 i was screwing around in it in the new snow drifting and stuff and messed it up a bit. Well when you would turn from a start you could feel a vibration from what was felt as the rear differential. (She had no clue i did that) Sure enough she took it in and it was the limited slip. The dealer said the clutch was probably hung up or worn and that without replacing it there wasnt much that could be done unless they tried putting new oil in it. So she just left it go and it has gone away now. It went away about 10,000 miles later.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:22 PM
If you have a limited slip then the clutches are probably going out.

If not that then you might have a hidden problem else where.

And the Mech. that told you that it was pinion angle is a total moron. Your not moving the angle enough to get that. This is usually wil bigger lifts where the D-shaft binds up. But its not only on turns its pretty much from any stop. Ive had problems with this before.

Another thing the dealership cant say that the warranty is voided unless they can PROVE that the aftermarket tires and wheels caused the problem. THe only way they can prove this is by actually looking at it. What they are doing is illegal.

Quick Reply: shaking on turning acceleration