Power steering fluid leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power steering fluid leak

I posted this under Supercrew forum too, but this is for those who might hold the answers but don't visit the Supercrew forum.......I've been searching the forums for an hour or so and still have a couple of questions about my leak. First the truck is an 03 Supercrew FX4. I noticed today that my entire gearbox was oily with a small drop or two forming at the bottom of the pitman arm. I park in the same place daily and it does not leak on the ground. I was told I just needed a seal kit by an auto parts store worker who looked at it. If this is true would there be oil all over the gearbox? Is the oil just blowing back on it while I am driving? Has anyone else in here had this problem on a similar supercrew? Would a shop that does shocks, struts, and alignments be able to do this? I really don't know if I want to tackle this job myself, and I don't know much about steering so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to those that hold the answers

Austin
03 Ford F150 Supercrew FX4

Old 04-22-2007, 03:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the seal kits are not that expensive. any decent mechanic should be able to handle the job. u need a special tool to get the arm off etc... if your not that much of a driveway mechanic probably better off paying to have it done.

Quick Reply: Power steering fluid leak