Skid Plate For Transfer case

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skid Plate For Transfer case

Got a new 2003 Supercab 4X4 and its has no plate for the transfer case. Anyone know where to get one. Was thinking the FX4 package comes with them they should fit mine. Anyone with knowledge would appreciate your input.

Old 11-22-2003, 09:58 PM
FX4 skid plates fit wit no problem. I've changed a couple of these from one to another.

Old 11-23-2003, 11:18 AM
Thanks

Kinda thought so but had not checked. Will call the dealer and see how much they want to lighten my wallet. Checked out your gallery Gearhead and is that the airforce air cleaner and what did you like about that particular one. That will be the next on my ever growing list but was thinking the K&N. Appreciate the help Gearhead

Old 11-23-2003, 05:47 PM
Hunterboy,

Yes, it is an AirForce 1. I looked at several and I think it simply came down to what I felt was quality. I like blue. I like the fact that they make a special boot to take the vent tubes off of instead of running them off of the intake tube. I like the fact that the intake tube is polished as oppossed to chromed and I like the look better than plastic. I'm sure I'll get some comments about how metal intake tubes absorb more heat but all in all I don't think it makes much difference sitting at a light on a hot summer day. They're all hot. It has an Outerwears pre-filter on the filter.

Quick Reply: Skid Plate For Transfer case