bouncin??????

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry bouncin??????

when i speed up to 45mph i get this bouncin comin from the rear of the truck,if i hit the brakes it bounces for a second or two then stops.it also does the same at 65mph??????????if i am doing an even 45 it will bounce until i speed up or slow down??????????what can this be???????????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2003, 01:03 PM
Rough guess off the top of my head would be that you've broken or worn out one or both rear shocks. I've seen rear wheels start hopping and actually bounce the back of a vehicle. After a while the tires themselves wear a little to keep the bounce going. Hitting the brakes just changes the loading and sometimes will stop the bouncing for a minute or two but it will return.

Check the rear shocks for oil seepage on the lower half of the shock. If wet with oil then there's your trouble. Best to change both. Also have you rear tires checked for roundness and balance at the same time.

Old 09-22-2003, 05:39 PM
i will check and let you know what i come up with........thx i see ur from c.f.......where abouts???

Old 09-22-2003, 06:00 PM
no leaks on the shocks,i guess my next step is to check for balance and for roundness on the tires.......anything else????

Quick Reply: bouncin??????