Tsb 01-9-3

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tsb 01-09-03

Hi all. I have a 2000 F-150, auto 4r70w trans with the 4.6. It has about 66,000 miles. I have been experiencing a mysterious vibration through out my truck as well as an odd shudder or jerk from a start. When I brake for a stop sign and start again, The truck feels as if it is not in gear for a second (especially when hot). Transmission just feels lazy. I came across this tsb (01-09-03) on ALLDATA. The brief summery provided talkes about Driveline/Extension Housing - Vibration/Leaks. Does anyone have more information on this? I have also recently read some threads posting, what sound like, similar problems to mine. One thing I found interresting was a member that claimed he fix his clunk/shudder problem by adding helper springs in the rear of the truck. Seemed to change the driveshaft angle. I plan on greasing the driveshaft/yoke soon as well as replacing the rear u-joints and output driveshaft seal in the near future. I am really interrested in getting some more input on this driveshaft angle theory as well. I appreciate any replies, thanks - Trevor

Last edited by vtford; 04-26-2003 at 05:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Tsb 01-9-3