Ford ranger air bag install

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford ranger air bag install

Hello, my dad recently got his hands on a 2007 ford ranger and looks like the air bag was deployed and need a little help , will an 2008 air bag fit in a 2007 ranger and how hard is the install , will i need new sensors and if so where are the sensor/sensors located on this make and model of truck.

I called denny andrews ford here and they want over $1000 dollars just for the air bag but instead i went to a local pick and pull and got 1 for 50$ but i just need to grab the sensors if i need them. any help is much appreciated.

Gary

Old 01-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Garbar
Hello, my dad recently got his hands on a 2007 ford ranger and looks like the air bag was deployed and need a little help , will an 2008 air bag fit in a 2007 ranger and how hard is the install , will i need new sensors and if so where are the sensor/sensors located on this make and model of truck.

I called denny andrews ford here and they want over $1000 dollars just for the air bag but instead i went to a local pick and pull and got 1 for 50$ but i just need to grab the sensors if i need them. any help is much appreciated.

Gary
Unsure on the 08 in a 07 question.
Installation isnt that hard, its a few bolts and a connector IIRC
You will need new impact sensors, a new clock spring, seat belts
Unsure on locations of sensors and module for airbags

Get new sensors, get new seat belts. Dont half *** it, as its a safety item. If your not sure on something vist a local body shop or Ford dealer and talk to them.

Quick Reply: Ford ranger air bag install