F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Other Models (https://www.f150online.com/forums/other-models-21/)
-   -   Anyone have a BOSS 5.4 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/other-models/341697-anyone-have-boss-5-4-a.html)

STXMang 08-06-2008 12:33 PM

Anyone have a BOSS 5.4

I just recently purchased a 2002 Boss 5.4 F150 and am trying to find out as much information as I can about them. The window sticker says it is a stage III, but it has all the stuff that claims to be in the stage 4 package. I also noticed that some have 5-7 spoke rims and some have foglights while others don't. Don't know if any of that is related to the production # or not. Any info would be helpful. All sites I try to find info on seemed to have shut down.Thanks.

phil6608 08-07-2008 12:54 PM

Here's one! And I know I saw another guy on here with one also.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/en...na-happen.html

Phil

crash_lucky13 08-07-2008 01:12 PM

lol man i know more about these trucks than i think ANYONE does... i'll add some pics to my gallery for you.. since they changed the site i lost everything

phil6608 08-07-2008 01:53 PM

:lol: yup,,,there's the other one!!!

Phil:thumbsup:

STXMang 08-08-2008 10:48 AM

Crash, your truck looks great. How do you like the Edge Tuner? I'm trying to decide whether to spend the $400 on one or not.

crash_lucky13 08-08-2008 12:01 PM

i don't have the edge anymore lol. i have the gryphon, which is what i tell about 10 people a day to spend their money on... it's freaking awesome. also, the fog light holes. the 02 didn't have them but the 03 did. i can't figure it out because mine is an 02 with the 03 bumper, which probably means someone wrecked it before.

lol this is my BABY. DON'T wreck it though, the body skirts are getting harder and harder to find, although i still know a FEW places that sell it. yeah, the company that made them sold out and now you cant find ANYTHING about them. i started a website awhile back but haven't gotten much further with it.

STXMang 08-08-2008 12:15 PM

Have you had any trouble with your body kit panels fading, most of mine are a lighter shade of yellow(I know the clearcoat seems to be gone at least). The previous owner had a few painted over, but most of the pictures I see show these trucks with the panels faded. Thanks for all your info, I plan on just keeping this baby in the garage and taking it out on the weekends. I did get 18.4mpg on a recent trip with it though.:banana:

crash_lucky13 08-08-2008 03:57 PM

my body kit is KINDA faded.... i say kinda because i got a new paint job in 05... if you go to get ANYTHING repainted, contact me and i have the original paintcode... it's hard for them to match it. trust me, i have 3 different colors on my truck.

i just got mine out of the shop getting the front end repainted and everything. 18.4? not bad. with the gryphon and all my addons, with the speedo set at 85mph on a 400 mile trip i got 17.4mpg.. AMAZING for me :)

STXMang 08-08-2008 08:52 PM

If you could give me the paint code that would be great. Like you I as well have 3 different shades of yellow: competition yellow, faded competition yellow, and screaming yellow. The original owner had a few of the pieces repainted at a non-ford shop I'm assuming and they painted them all screaming yellow(D6 I believe) which seems to be a much deeper shade of yellow.:rolleyes:

boss1984 09-05-2008 06:27 PM

yep 2003 fully built w/nitrous

Boss F150 #96 10-07-2008 09:36 AM

Boss F-150

I have 2002 boss Edition(This is a Edition series)#96. 29,000 on it. Everything is stock. I am looking for a programer for my horsepower and gas milage. I have had the Truck for 3 years now. I have had to replace the Alt,Belts and the Fuel pump. Truck is really clean ,but only after I got it. Claybar the surface and buff and wax. Rims are starting to peel(Chrome) on the inside of the rim. I just drive it in good weather or weekends to shows. It does get great gas milage. I also have a 2002 Ford Super Crew cab 4x4 in White that has 32,000 miles. I live in Illinois,Quad City area.

crash_lucky13 10-07-2008 01:39 PM

yeah my wheels are shot...but so far i haven't found another set that i really like. i've got close to 93k miles on mine (i use it :) belts-yes, fuel pump? nope nor have i had to replace the alternator. so far the only things i've replaced are things i personally tore up.. like the tranny :) wheel bearings :) i've had mine since 05

boss1984 10-07-2008 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Boss F150 #96 (Post 3402762)
I have 2002 boss Edition(This is a Edition series)#96. 29,000 on it. Everything is stock. I am looking for a programer for my horsepower and gas milage. I have had the Truck for 3 years now. I have had to replace the Alt,Belts and the Fuel pump. Truck is really clean ,but only after I got it. Claybar the surface and buff and wax. Rims are starting to peel(Chrome) on the inside of the rim. I just drive it in good weather or weekends to shows. It does get great gas milage. I also have a 2002 Ford Super Crew cab 4x4 in White that has 32,000 miles. I live in Illinois,Quad City area.

i use the diablosport predator, u can do canned or custom tunes and iv'e never had a real problem with them..u could also get the SCT line of programmer.... im also from illinois about 5 minutes east of st.louis...i rarely see any Boss trucks around here :thumbsup:

Boss F150 #96 10-13-2008 10:01 AM

:fyi:I called the former company LA West and it is now Tuscany 1-800-837-8624
They called me back and said they still have some of the skirt kits there if anyone needs some replacement. I am also looking for a brochure/posters for the model of truck if anyone knows where to get it. I have called the dealer that the truck was bought at and they have changed hands 3 times and have nothing . Was there a Brochure? :help:Mine is a 2002 model. I have also checked Ebay and nothing.,,jim,,,

crash_lucky13 10-13-2008 10:27 AM

yeah there was a brochure...and for a while on ebay there was a 6' display and a few other things... how much they wanting for the side skirts? my lowering kit + my redneck driving skills has paid damage to them.. but they WERE wanting close to $400 for just the rear bumper plastic pieces..that's why i just put the roll pan on. or you can put a gryphon on there which i love on my truck..it has the gauges and everything on it. call up powerhungryperformance.com

most any van conversion company will sale the pieces to our body kits...it just takes a little work on google to find the right one. bout once a month or so i spend a few hours googling our boss trucks trying to find information or stuff for sale. my seats have about had it :( around a year ago a guy had some on ebay that went for $200, ticks me off i missed that...