I'm a happy guy....

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a happy guy....

Three months with the new Ram, not one issue, 5.7 is getting 18 mpg at 60 mph...( empty ) Now I drive a 2500 with a six speed and I work the truck each and every day. I added dual ex and a topper to this torque monster, I'm the first to admit my truck will not win drag races, but it hauls 10,000 Lbs of cribbing forms with no effort... and eats gas in the process..

I did my first oil change today, gotta love the dodge if your a do it your selfer, the 5.43V in the F-150 is a pain in the but, the 5.7 oil filter is right under the front grill.

The company I work For has gotton a fleet of 06 F-150' xl 4.6 and so far thier holding up verry well ( aside from the oem tire's )

I don't for a moment compare my truck to the power stroke or Cummions, For my humbal needs the 5.7 is holding up verry well, I do miss the handeling of the 04 F-150, but apples to oranges.

for a 2500 the Ram ride is excellant, but not as good as a F-150, but apples to oranges... And My Ram was built in Mexico, I'm not happy abought that, but if I continue to have no issues, I will not care..

Hands down the 5.7 out works and is better than a 5.4 in a 3/4 T truck, I have seen the v/10 in the F-250 pull a lot more than my little hemi, but apples to orange...

Old 09-16-2006, 04:55 PM
I have heard that the 5.7 engine is a real work horse.
Glad you are having good service from the truck.

Old 09-18-2006, 04:25 PM
maybe, just maybe just one day this guy is going to realize this is a Ford forum and we can care less what you have to say about a dumb Dodge truck. Do you think we really care what ur Ram is doing? Seriously

Old 09-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by mountaineer02v8
maybe, just maybe just one day this guy is going to realize this is a Ford forum and we can care less what you have to say about a dumb Dodge truck. Do you think we really care what ur Ram is doing? Seriously
play nice now its not like some of the ones we get that join just to talk smack to us. He has almost 750 posts, and has ovbiously been around for a while..
-Patrick

Old 09-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
play nice now its not like some of the ones we get that join just to talk smack to us. He has almost 750 posts, and has ovbiously been around for a while..
-Patrick
all his post has been complaining about his f-150 he had, and the about his gay truck he has now.. pretty much everyone that knows this goof is sick of him bringing down the F-150 and thinking the dodge thing he has now is better, thats all he ever talks about and everyone is so sick of hearing about a Dodge on a Ford forum, this guy never leaves, just keeps insisting to talk about his Dodge on a Ford forum when the truth is, no one cares about his damn butt ugly Dodge thing he has got.. no one

Old 09-20-2006, 12:17 AM
Suspended
I'm not worried abought your pissy comment's. I was a long time F-150 owner and well versed in booth the good and bad with the F-150.

I have not posted a negative comment of Ford and The F-150 For a long time now, I have admited and come to terms with my dislike of of every thing Ford.

In the past I used to defend Ford from the Anti Ford people, At one time, they were the best trucks on the road, but I can't support a brand that can't live up to its own self hype and glory.

I have a quiet sense of purpose knowing I'm not the only unhappy Ford owner who has moved on.

Last edited by cyclone vampire; 09-20-2006 at 12:19 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:46 PM
[
QUOTE=cyclone vampire]

I have not posted a negative comment of Ford and The F-150 For a long time now, I have admited and come to terms with my dislike of of every thing Ford.

In the past I used to defend Ford from the Anti Ford people, At one time, they were the best trucks on the road, but I can't support a brand that can't live up to its own self hype and glory.

thats just your Opinion, and thats all that is, it means nothing. Ford trucks are still the best trucks on the road, no if's but's or ands' and the chit box you have is at number 3 on the list, Under Chevy. So lets see, Fords number one, Chevy's are second place winners, and then last but not least, Dodge fits somewhere in number 3, so now you got Chevy and Ford being on top of what you have. Sucks don't it?

People I know that used to own a Dodge never ever went back to a Dodge, most everyone that drives a Dodge these days are first time buyers as they don't realize yet what Junk Dodge trucks are, thats why they never go back, they change to Chevy or Fords... don't worry.. I'm sure you will find out one of these days... In the meantime, enjoy always coming in 3rd place.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Suspended
I'm not worried abought number one, number two, or three, I bought a brand that fit's my needs and I'm 1st rate happy, vers driving your number one brand and being unhappy and telling every one abought it.

Maybe your lucky and to date never had a bad product from Ford, If this is the case than I understand why your self and Ford owners with no complaints stand up for the brand, I had two new F-150's in four years that were worse than used trucks I used to buy on the cheap.

I don't care who builds the better truck or buy into the hype of who's best, I did my reserch and found abrand best suited to my needs, my past expierances with Ford were not worth repeating.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:30 PM
So now that you've moved on ... move on outta here.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:56 PM

websters dictionary defines Dodge as-DODGE: To practice trickery or cunning; To stray from or avoid the truth. To Avoid

http://www.minerich.com/dodge_ram.htm

Last edited by Adam06FX4; 09-20-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:38 PM
www.Flamingfords.info.

I never had an issue with my 87 Ram, but's dead and gone to the grave yard ( Bought truck new in 88 )
Thiers are negative web sites dedicated to every brand of truck, my 05 chevy has had transmission problems ( truck will not shift out of O/D and at times will not shift into O/D tow haul mode works, but when you shift man, all hell brakes lose ) but I got a hell of a deal on the truck, and a extended warenty, last owner towed a 5th wh... GM dealer will most likely replace the transmission .

Last edited by gt45rpm; 09-21-2006 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm getting too old I guess. I remember a magazine test report years ago where the tester could look out past the door weather strip on a dodge truck and see sky.
That's how warped the door was. I could never buy a dodge.

Ford has had some goofs lately (head gasket,spark plugs etc) I may or may not buy another. But I would be more interested in the forum for the brand I had bought. I hope his Dodge runs well and has a long life. But most of us just have no interest at all.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Your right abought the weathier stripping, ( doors were fine ) My 87 Dodge when new leaked water and when driving, let air in inside the doors, Even the Fords in the 70's and chevys used the same type of weathier stripping, the 87 when new was not as refinged or up to date as a ford or Gm truck and the 360 was not verry good on gas.

who knows, maybey if I had bought a Ford or Gm in 87, I still could be driving a 87, a lot has to do with owner maintance and no abuse..

Old 09-22-2006, 11:00 AM
I still have an 89' Ford Bronco I got from the factory. No big problems yet and it looks and runs like new. But the tires and running gear make so much noise I couldn't hear any wind noise. And the ride is rough, rides like a truck

Old 09-22-2006, 07:44 PM
lol i just worked on an 04 hemi 2500 today. the front driveshft seized and broke the transfer case then the driveshaft flung around under the truck destroying all the fuel and transmition cooler lines and put a baseball sized hole in the transmision and hole in the floorbord right where the guys foot was . all this happend going 110km/h down the highway on a truck with 90,000km on it.

Quick Reply: I'm a happy guy....