Power Locks Screwed Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Power Locks Screwed Up

My power lock switches will unlock but not lock the doors. I am looking for some help with this matter. Has anyone ever had this problem before? Is it a fuse or could it be something else? Also, my courtesy lights do not light up when I open and close the driver's side door. (the lights light up, however when you close the door, the lights should stay on for about 20 seconds afterwards and that does not happen when I close the driver's side door.) Your assistance would surely be appreciated.

Old 12-12-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by vernonbishop
My power lock switches will unlock but not lock the doors. I am looking for some help with this matter. Has anyone ever had this problem before? Is it a fuse or could it be something else? Also, my courtesy lights do not light up when I open and close the driver's side door. (the lights light up, however when you close the door, the lights should stay on for about 20 seconds afterwards and that does not happen when I close the driver's side door.) Your assistance would surely be appreciated.

up, but not down could be the solenoid or actuator.

It happened to my 98. Stopped working to unlock, but lock still worked. While I procrastinated getting it into the shop, they started working again and continued to work.

Old 12-12-2005, 09:51 PM
happened to my f150 and it was the switches themselves. there is a piece of metal that completes the circuit when you push the switch and it was bent. also, the passenger and driver side failed at nearly the same time, a couple of weeks later it was the window switches. i got them from auto zone, but they had to order them. actuators could also be a problem, but look at the switches 1st (much cheaper).

Old 12-15-2005, 07:35 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by J-150
up, but not down could be the solenoid or actuator.

It happened to my 98. Stopped working to unlock, but lock still worked. While I procrastinated getting it into the shop, they started working again and continued to work.

Thanks, The warm up here in Great Falls recently helped them to work again. It may happen again though, and I will take your words in consideration.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all of you! :santa:

Quick Reply: Power Locks Screwed Up