2010 XLT Rear Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 XLT Rear Bumper

Hi,

I知 trying to repair my dented rear bumper after someone smacked into the rear right side.
In searching for chrome replacements I see that they are only sold in pairs for some reason? I only need the right chrome piece.

Also need supports as I知 sure they are bent.

The part that痴 confusing to me is the piece directly underneath the bumper pad in the middle just below the tag. It痴 the steel piece that a trailer ball would slide through. This steel part seems to be bent down a little. The online bumper diagrams do not show the piece that I知 describing.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated!

Jim

Old 01-06-2019, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright. Here’s the deal...
Single bumper sides are scarce but available online with research.
The item that was confusing is called a bumper reinforcement. My XLT actually came with the bumper pull only reinforcement (9L3Z-17D826-A) which is not shown in the standard parts photo. The dealer then installed a bolt-on type receiver hitch.
My original bumper reinforcement is now damaged. Ford offers a few options:
-The original 9L3Z-17D826-A (bumper-pull only) reinforcement can be ordered. This requires reuse of the add-on type receiver hitch to have the needed capability.
-For $100 extra they offer part number 9L3Z-17D826-B. It’s a bumper reinforcement combined with a class III receiver.
-For a couple dollars more 9L3Z-17D826-E is available. It’s a class IV receiver/reinforcement combo.

I’m still open to recomdations if anyone has experience with these options. I’m curious if the reinforcement/hitch combo is any better than having a separate bolt on receiver. Also the class IV combo. Wondering if its noticeably larger in size? I don’t need anything more than a class III but it might be the better option if it’s not excessively bulky.

Thanks...

Quick Reply: 2010 XLT Rear Bumper