Tenth gen F150 front end conversion??

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tenth gen F150 front end conversion??

Hello all! So I have been searching around the interweb with not much luck. From what I have gathered, I am sure that this possible. But to what extent I am not sure. So I am interested in swapping out a tenth gen front clip for a super duty front clip. For instance, convert a 1999 f-150 front clip to a 2002 super duty f-250 front clip. Fenders should match up at door lines from my observations. What I am concerned about is the radiator support and wether or not the lights and grille will bolt up. Would the core support need to be swapped out for this type of conversion. The bumper should bolt up. However, I do not have solid proof for this. Also, I like how the super duty doors look. Does anyone know if the doors can be swapped from a f250 to the f150? I think it would be awesome to see a tenth gen crew cab f150 with a nice 2004 Harley Davidson super duty front clip. And in knowing how the door handles and door glass is different for the super duty, I think that swapping the regular f150 doors for the super duty crew cab door would be a nice addition to the clip conversion. As always, I look forward to this discussion and learning from all the greats here!

Last edited by Whiskey313; 12-30-2017 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Word correction
Old 12-30-2017, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay! So I have discovered that the inquiry for the door swapping is practically dumb. Hahaha! After some more careful studying, I have come to the conclusion that it will not work. Well, at least for a crew cab f150 (tenth gen) anyways, as the rear doors are "special" and the lower body lines do not match up either. Also, it seems to me that the super duty fenders will need slight modification to blend the body lines together. But in saying that, it doesn't seem to be too bad because I do believe that the door/fender lines look to be the same. So a slight blending of the lower body lines will be needed for a nice finish. Any ideas on what would be a nice way to do this? I.e. : blend the fender to match the door, blend the door to match the fender, add body molding, fender flares, etc., etc.. I am, however, still concerned for the core support and its headlight mounting points and what not. It seems to me that after bolting fenders up, that the hood would bolt up no problem. Perhaps the hood latch would need modifying??! But then again if the core support was swapped, then that would no longer be the case. I do like the way the super duty doors are made, but the darn rear doors for the f150 are of a round type contour. And the rear doors for the super duty are more of a squarish design. Wishful thinking lol! Obviously a newer gen f150 front clip would require lots of modding to work. Although I am more than competent to attempt and succeed at such a conversion, that isn't something I am looking to do at the moment. Also, I do like the same era Navi front clip, but then we just have a poor man's blackwood. And to be honest, I would probably prefer to just convert it over to Lightning style lighting and valance rather than the Navi front. All of these conversions have been done so so many times. Yet I have had no luck in finding images, building info, or forums discussing the f150 to super duty conversions. So with that being said, perhaps you the people can either send me links to the information that I have overlooked, or we can be the first ones to discover how this should be done.

Quick Reply: Tenth gen F150 front end conversion??