Cab/bed bolts

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cab/bed bolts

My 01 F150 has a 3" body lift on it, and I want to return it to stock. The bolts in the body lift blocks are stripped, and they are coming apart. I need the stock size bolts. My local dealer said they are no longer being made, as the truck is too old. What are my options? There is a shop here in town that said I could get the lift taken off, but I have to have the stock bolts.

Old 10-25-2014, 02:25 PM
Anyone????

Old 10-28-2014, 10:36 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Are you all set? I just picked up a bed bolt set last week.

Well, if you still haven't found a set, I'll help you out.

LMC has them for 70 bucks or so, -

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fe/full.aspx?Page=18

Personally I'd forget LMC, I paid a little more than half that on eBay shipped, -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-SUPER-DUTY-BED-BOLTS-CLIPS-AND-BOLTS-1999-TO-2012-F250-F350-/351186655870?vxp=mtr
I hunted down the best deal I could find and picked these up $45 w/free shipping. They shipped fast. These are a high quality sets, -galvanized. I definitely recommend this eBay seller. Comes with 8 bed bolts,washers and clips. I needed 6 total.

Good Stuff

Old 10-29-2014, 01:30 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by machgirl
My 01 F150 has a 3" body lift on it, and I want to return it to stock. The bolts in the body lift blocks are stripped, and they are coming apart. I need the stock size bolts. My local dealer said they are no longer being made, as the truck is too old. What are my options? There is a shop here in town that said I could get the lift taken off, but I have to have the stock bolts.
Bolts are standard items so this shouldn't be a big problem. Pictures of bolts and some measurements would help. Also wondering what caused your bolts to strip in the first place! That should not have happened!

Options: (1) Buy another (shorter?) lift kit with bolts (2) buy stock bolts from a dealer or from a junk yard (3) take your stripped bolts to a company that sells fasteners and see if they can match them up (4) have a machinist make you new bolts if nothing else. (5) The Ghetto way, not recommended. Install stripped bolts and nuts and weld them together! Just don't plan to ever remove them!

If you WANT to return to stock height then getting stock bolts from a junk yard shouldn't be very hard. Or try E-bay! Or put WTB ad on Craigslist.

Don't know where you are but we have a large surplus store here in Orlando that sells all kinds of bolts (aircraft grade!) for very reasonable prices.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:13 PM
I need the complete set of bolts for the bed AND cab. There are a couple cab bolts that keep coming loose. I live in Socorro, NM. There are no junkyards where I live. I am not sure the bolts are stripped, but that's what my dad said. There are a few of them that I have tried to tighten, and they keep coming loose. These stupid body lift bumper things are stupid. I don't know why anyone would do a lift that way, it's not just a cheap and lazy way, but it's dangerous. I tried contacting my local Ford dealer and they said that Ford no longer makes parts for vehicles older than 10 years.
I think what I am going to do is just try to find a body shop that will take care of it for me.

Quick Reply: Cab/bed bolts