Front mounted camera

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front mounted camera

Has anyone looked into trying to mount a front camera on their truck, like maybe getting one for a Raptor and fitting it onto another model? I have a new Platinum with Nav system and rear camera but would like to integrate one like on the Raptor into my new '12 so both cameras would work. I think the Raptor one only comes on when you have it in 4WD and driving slow.

I want to make it easier to park facing into a parking space.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe you could get the backup cam without nav as an option, at least in 2010 you could. For that feature I think they had a mini monitor built into the rear-view mirror. It might be a whole lot easier wiring a front mounted camera into that rear-view than trying to re-work the nav system.

Just a thought.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:34 PM
buy a 2013 Raptor, it has one lol. im sur it would be just lke installing a rear view camera though.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by FordGunsMerica
buy a 2013 Raptor, it has one lol. im sur it would be just lke installing a rear view camera though.
Do you know if the one on the Raptor is in the front Ford emblem like it is on the rear?

Old 09-09-2012, 12:33 AM
if you want stand alone cameras and monitors try googleing tadibrothers
they have some stuff I've been lookin at for the same purpose

though considering some of the idiots on the road the 4 way camera system and somthing to record while driveing or when alarm is set off might be a plan too

Old 09-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by Grunthunter
Do you know if the one on the Raptor is in the front Ford emblem like it is on the rear?
There is NO Ford Emblem on the front of the Raptors. However they did mount it in the Grill above and center of the O and R in FORD.

Heres a Link, you can see it in the first pic if you look closely.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...on-more-safety

Old 09-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by FordGunsMerica
There is NO Ford Emblem on the front of the Raptors. However they did mount it in the Grill above and center of the O and R in FORD.

Heres a Link, you can see it in the first pic if you look closely.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...on-more-safety
Whoa ............ I never noticed that ! :-( I wonder if it's something that colud be adapted to other models. Does it tie into the Nav system? Does the Raptor have a different Nav system with dual video inputs or are all the Ford nav systems the same and they just don't make use of the 2nd video input. Sure would be nice to have that same capability on my new Platinum. I'd like to have a front camera but don't want the hassle of trying to find a place for an aftermarket monitor and having to run extra wires to power it. The aftermarket 'Lock-Pick' does this so maybe that's the only option, although I think the Raptor system would be the cleanest way to go.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:38 AM
I sure you can stick it above one of your "grill cross-bars" and it would look great. As far as the new head Units in the 09-12 i suggest a google search would suffice on your questions. I personally bit the bullet and bought a Pioneer DVD player with a back-up camera capabilities but mine is a 05 XLT lol.

Old 01-07-2016, 03:02 PM
Here's a potential solution

First time poster here. I have a '13 F150 Platinum with a Super Crew and Ecoboost. I've wanted to get a front camera so I can park it facing into a parking spot versus having to back it in to a spot every time. Here's a website I found today that might fit the bill:

http://www.coastaletech.com/mytouch.htm

They also have a wireless version of this called the "MyTouchAir". It's sold out now, but I'm sure they'll have it soon.

RoadReptile

Quick Reply: Front mounted camera