$20K truck and a .10 Cent lock.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry $20K truck and a .10 Cent lock.

You know I just had my truck broken into last night and this was the 6th time, 5 for my 250 which I dumped and once for my 150. I read here about plugs flying out brakes locking up Trans going to he** and I makes wonder why I ever by ford products. Now don't get me wrong I’ve owned 8 ford vehicles and sold plenty.. But FORD come on, do you take ownership of anything you sell other than the money we pay for these vehicles. When I talked with the fuzz on this they told me in my town the 150 and 250 are the tops on the list for brake in list. I wont mention the tool used or how but you all know the common one. But what I'm doing is welding the hole shut on the back and fiber glassing the hole on the cylinder. Also I already have a car alarm installed for activation of any small vibration. I got one of those snot slinging mind bending loud alarms to go off. But I just wonder some times what the heck these ford design people are thinking when they build some of these flaws into a truck. Oh I forgot the one where the cruise control switch just catches fire. Now don’t get me wrong lets all join in a and sing the "Ford" song, I still semi-like ford but it just irks the snot out of me when I see a big company take no responsibility for major design flaws like these. Ok that's enough, thank you very much...

Old 03-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by satexasf150
You know I just had my truck broken into last night and this was the 6th time, 5 for my 250 which I dumped and once for my 150. I read here about plugs flying out brakes locking up Trans going to he** and I makes wonder why I ever by ford products. Now don't get me wrong I’ve owned 8 ford vehicles and sold plenty.. But FORD come on, do you take ownership of anything you sell other than the money we pay for these vehicles. When I talked with the fuzz on this they told me in my town the 150 and 250 are the tops on the list for brake in list. I wont mention the tool used or how but you all know the common one. But what I'm doing is welding the hole shut on the back and fiber glassing the hole on the cylinder. Also I already have a car alarm installed for activation of any small vibration. I got one of those snot slinging mind bending loud alarms to go off. But I just wonder some times what the heck these ford design people are thinking when they build some of these flaws into a truck. Oh I forgot the one where the cruise control switch just catches fire. Now don’t get me wrong lets all join in a and sing the "Ford" song, I still semi-like ford but it just irks the snot out of me when I see a big company take no responsibility for major design flaws like these. Ok that's enough, thank you very much...
I'm having a hard time understanding what you are saying. ramble ramble ramble yada yada yada

Old 03-09-2008, 09:20 PM
i think he is saying it is fords fault that his trucks keep getting broke into.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, take a breath. If the door lock can't be defeated then the glass can always be broken out. That is the easiest way and preferred way around here. Where there is a will there is a way. A Thief is gonna be a Thief.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Pays to have full coverage.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:34 AM
regardless of what you drive. if a thief sees something he likes in your car, he is going to get it no matter what. just because its a ford doesnt make any difference

Old 03-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Locks only keep honest people honest! If they want in, they'll find away. Where ever you are, sounds like a high risk area.

Barry

03 F-150 reg cab 4x4

( Ford parts man )

Old 03-11-2008, 07:31 AM
I posted this in your other thread so I will post it here too..
This is the latest facts I could find but the Chevy is taken more than the Ford, Unless someone can find more recent info....
TOP TEN MOST FREQUENTLY STOLEN PASSENGER VEHICLES, 2004

Rank ...Year, ...Make, .Model
.1 ........1995 ......Honda Civic
.2........ 1989 ......Toyota Camry
.3 .........1991 ......Honda Accord
.4 .........1994 ......Dodge Caravan
.5 .........1994 ......Chevrolet Full Size C/K 1500 Pickup
.6 ..........1997 .....Ford F150 Series
.7 ..........2003 .....Dodge Ram Pickup
.8 ..........1990 ......Acura Integra
.9 ..........1988 .....Toyota Pickup
10 .........1991..... Nissan Sentra
Source: National Insurance Crime Bureau.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:55 AM
by latest facts, you mean the latest facts 4 years ago?

Old 03-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by satexasf150
Clear as mud...

Old 03-11-2008, 11:30 AM
I feel for you man, but I have had a few Ford's over the years and they havent been broken into- so blaming the manufacturer for a break in, out of frustration seems juvenile to me

Old 03-11-2008, 12:00 PM
I have my truck in a big city, Milwaukee, and haven't been broken into like a lot of the guys haven't. I would suggest making sure you are hiding whatever it is that is causing people to break in...ipod, gps, etc?

Old 03-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Grubrunner
Clear as mud...
I want to add to my post count...

Old 03-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Les22
I feel for you man, but I have had a few Ford's over the years and they havent been broken into- so blaming the manufacturer for a break in, out of frustration seems juvenile to me
Not blaming the manufacturer for the break in . blaming them for crappy design or should I say a cheap design. I would post a pick of the backside of the door mecahnism but that would just entice others to try. Juvenile, I dont think so, just cause no one has burned up because of their lack of design yet, does not mean its not a design flaw. if it happens to you, you'll understand. Nothing like putting hard work into your truck only to have a screwdriver open it.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by blackfifty06
I have my truck in a big city, Milwaukee, and haven't been broken into like a lot of the guys haven't. I would suggest making sure you are hiding whatever it is that is causing people to break in...ipod, gps, etc?
That truck is so bare it does not have a floor carpet. There is nothing in that vehicle. Just east to pop a top on it. Lucky to have have seats. in it

Quick Reply: $20K truck and a .10 Cent lock.