Back cab glass

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back cab glass

Hello all,I'm new to this sight. have a problem that has just started. My 01 F150's back cab glass is leaking on the left side. Any idea's on how to go about removing the outside trim so I can get a look? Does it just pull off, is there a special tool to remove it so it dosen't tear/break????
Thanks

Old 09-07-2007, 12:33 PM
I had the same problem on my '03 Supercrew, and the Dealer told me the Molding was part of the Glass. They had to replace the Glass and Molding as they couldnt get the Glass out without messing the Molding up. They ended up replacing the complete Glass and Molding...

Old 09-07-2007, 02:22 PM
It has to be removed from the inside. The moulding & glass bolt in. Requires removal of rear seat back, corner trim panels and headliner.(to be done right that is). Green is glass bolts, yellow is moulding bolts.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:50 AM
The other day I washed my truck and found that the back glass trim was loose,I took it to my dealer and was told to take it to a auto glass place they use.The glass place advised me that the trim had broken inside and that happens if the bolts are put too tight.Their cost $125 +tax,$30 for removing the glass and the balance labor and trim install and the trim was dealer item only,they told me that the glass could be taken out without the trim,but the trim replacement the glass has to be removed. back to the dealer and ordered the trim $202 + tax.Over $300 for trim on rear glass.Got the truck new in 03 and this happens.

Quick Reply: Back cab glass