What's wrong with the world?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's wrong with the world?

So I was coming out of the grocery store and noticed a dent on my rear fender with red paint all over it. No red vehicles around however there was one behind me when I parked. No note or anything.
I managed to get all the red paint off myself, that was easy. Now I'm wondering how much it would cost to get the dent fixed. Anyone have an idea?
Here are the pics with a Pepsi can for reference.

Last edited by Tical84; 11-18-2005 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Dude I feel your pain but its a truck so just dust the dirt off your shoulders and keep on moving. My family has farm land with cows on it. Dents are part of a trucks world.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:53 AM
I know, its just a **** off. Dents are a part of a farm trucks world maybe. I'm sure your family didn't use brand new trucks to leave on the farm infront of cows. If they did, tell them to throw some money my way. My truck is only six months old and although it is a truck that doesn't mean I want it to look like crap.

Old 11-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Dude, that sucks; I hate parking lot dings. I didn't like having the '97 Mountaineer on campus when I was in college because it was so new at the time, and it of course collected a few dings and dents.

I'm kinda going through the whole worry about dings and dents on my '05 F-150 in the parking lot at work, but so far so go. Sure, it's a truck, and it will eventually get dings and dents, but I prefer to inflict them myself rather than some idiot in some shopping center parking lot. I hate people who disrespect other people's things.

Old 11-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Paintless dent removal. I had the same thing happen to my passenger door and was pissed. You can't tell it was ever there. As long as there isn't a bad crease it can be taken out without a major amount of work.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by dufunnel
As long as there isn't a bad crease it can be taken out without a major amount of work.
Know approx. how much that is going for these days? Too lazy to go get an estimate and I want to make sure I'm not getting screwed when I do go.

Old 11-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by Tical84
So I was coming out of the grocery store and noticed a dent on my rear fender with red paint all over it. No red vehicles around however there was one behind me when I parked. No note or anything.
I managed to get all the red paint off myself, that was easy. Now I'm wondering how much it would cost to get the dent fixed. Anyone have an idea?
Here are the pics with a Pepsi can for reference.

That is rotten and I hope somebody can help you with this.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:26 PM
its a truck so just dust the dirt off your shoulders and keep on moving. My family has farm land with cows on it. Dents are part of a trucks world.

You're kidding right. Does his truck look like a farm truck? He spent over $30,000 for that thing and I am sure if he wanted dents he would have ordered it that way. Farm trucks are farm trucks (you know, the 1986 3/4 ton with 200,000 miles on it that you stop by the local store for bread on your way home to feed cows) and new trucks are the ones you take pride in and actually wash occasionally and park in the garage. They would never find the body of the hit and run driver that smashed up my new truck and then drove off.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Same thing happen to me 3 months ago. What **** me off is i have to spend dough for something i didn't do. "some people" .

Old 11-15-2005, 03:43 PM
I just got dinged in the Home Depot parking lot. And the paint left behind was this horrible greenish-blue color (my truck is white). If you're gonna ram your door into my truck and not leave a note, at least rub off some black or blue paint, something a little more manly!!

Old 11-15-2005, 03:45 PM
jcc
people

Old 11-15-2005, 08:07 PM
I finally got around today to getting an estimate. $608.06 from a body shop, $225.00 from a Mom and Pop shop and $125.00 (approx) from the "Dent Guys" (similar to the PDR that was mentioned above). I think I'm going with the 225 because they're going to also to touch up the paint and recoat it. Not too bad, but still wish that money could have gone to a mod.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by Tical84
I finally got around today to getting an estimate. $608.06 from a body shop, $225.00 from a Mom and Pop shop and $125.00 (approx) from the "Dent Guys" (similar to the PDR that was mentioned above). I think I'm going with the 225 because they're going to also to touch up the paint and recoat it. Not too bad, but still wish that money could have gone to a mod.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Old 11-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Just for FYI, in the future, you may try contacting the store security. Most major chains all have cameras in their parking lots. A door ding may not be worth the trouble, but a major repair would be. At least if you got a plate you could give it to the local police for followup. Many of the parking lot collisions in Arizona in the winter are caused by Snowbirds driving big F350's or bigger. They back into you and don't even know it.

Old 11-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Just because you have something nice and they don't is all the reason in the world they need to damage your property. My wife gets angry b/c I park at least 10 rows further out than any one else in the parking lot. And my truck is 8 years old, 210,000 miles, and already has a few minor imperfections. But I'll ba damned if I'm gonna let some *******s trash my stuff b/c they don't work for anything themselves. Also, if there are no parking spots available, I leave and come back later. How's the old adage go? "The good have to suffer for the bad."

Quick Reply: What's wrong with the world?