Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question noob questions

Please dont harm me for being such a noob

First question
What is flareside?

Second question
What does xtr stand for. Thats what my new truck is and ive got 2 different answers from 2 different salespeople.

third question
I was planning on doing some work to increase my hp and km/l or mpg for you americans. to start i was thinking of changing the air intake and adding a throttle body spacer becouse these seem like cheap and easy changes that i can do myself. Any other ideas and if i do some of these things do i have to do other things as well?

question the 4th
Would a tonnau cover decrease fuel consumption that much? does it make a difference if i'm towing a trailer?

Thanks in avance. You guys rule and im not worthy

ps. prepare for many noob questions to come

Last edited by listo; 08-20-2005 at 03:15 AM.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:13 AM
sorry i guess this all shouldnt have been under body but i thought of those other questions while i was typing away.

Old 08-20-2005, 07:19 AM
1. Flareside is just a stepside bed
2. I thought XTR was a bed cover or shell
3. If you swap out the intake and put a spacer on it might be good idea to change the exhaust as well, depending on your budget. But there are tons of upgrades you can do to increase gas mileage
4. No difference in towing, it does increase mileage, but once again if you have the budget to drop anywhere from a few hundred to a grand I say do it.

Old 08-20-2005, 03:22 PM
i dont think that XTR is a cover or shell unless its just the bed caps becouse ive had 2 of them and neither had anything like that here's a pic of my first one unfortunately it had a small encounter with a ditch

sorry about the size of it

Old 08-21-2005, 01:10 AM

Ive got a tonneau cover and a K&N air intake and didnt see any noticable difference in mpg, however did see a little hp. From what ive heard the throttle body spacer and "tornadoes" and such are worthless.

Old 08-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Found out what XTR is!!!

The XTR is an "appearance package".

The brochure shows that it includes 17" cast aluminum wheels,only comes in black, toreador red, true blue, highland green and gold, with colour keyed egg crate grille, front bumper, mirror covers,moulded running boards and wheel lip mouldings.

It also has "woodsimulated wood interior trim".

Quick Reply: noob questions