My knee hurts

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-1999, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't worry about breaking the dash I think it is just about impossible. I am 6'1 200 lbs, and the other day I decided I was going to jump in instead of climb in. Well I jumped, knee hit the dash hard enough to knock me back out. I started looking for damage but there was none.

------------------
1997 4x4 5.4 ORP XLT extended cab Dark Toreador red Westin nerf bars tint HARDER THAN A ROCK AND FASTER THAN A HEART BEAT

Old 10-17-1999, 09:26 PM
I'm 6'2" and have never hit my knee over two years or so. And I'm careless and clumsy.

Of course, I used to drive a TR-6. Now that car hurt my knee lots! At least until I had a surgeon-friend splice in an extra knee on each leg, about 6" above the original equipment knee. Had them installed backwards so I could just hop the door and whip my feet over my shoulders and slide right in under the wheel. Only downside was major wedgies.

I'll give you my surgeon's name, Raoul. You should see me heel-and-toe downshift!

------------------
Black 2000 SC short-box XLT. 4.2 V-6, 5-speed, 3.55 Limited Slip. Side steps, CD, remote entry, factory box liner. My add-ons: Older Windstar (driver's side) wiper blade - the one with the air scoop, because I don't slow down when it rains; and snazzy Tweetie Bird floor mats.

My second of the "new" F150s. Great trucks!

Old 10-17-1999, 09:53 PM
Exclamation

I was getting into a 2000 Expedition the other day when it happened. OUCH! Almost tore my knee cap off! That area comes out more than it does on my 97. I never noticed that until my knee pointed it out to me.

------------------
1997 F-150, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar, and Lots of TLC!!

Old 10-18-1999, 12:05 AM
The funny thing is even though i've hit my knee near the light switch many times, i keep forgetting and do it again. You would think i had learned my lesson. Of course since this isn't a "safety" problem Ford has no reason for a re-design.

Old 10-18-1999, 11:01 PM
Cool

If you have hurt yourself getting into the F150, The surgeon gerneral warns you against getting into a mazda miata. I', 5'3" and I almost break both knee caps and decapitate myself every time I climb into one.

------------------
stock 98 XL, Reg. cab,4.6, Auto, Tow package, 255/70R16 on styled steel wheels,3.55LS, Black with chrome grille and bumpers! MODS: custom stereo by me, building speaker box was a !@#$%. K&N air filter w/ airbox mod.

Old 10-19-1999, 01:36 PM
Smile

I haven't whacked my knees, but I have run into a low beam in a basement shop one too many times with my head. Stapled some 2" thick foam rubber onto it, helps a whole lot. Still run into it once in a while, but it hurts a whole lot less.

There's an idea, how about some foam rubber and the 'Handymans Friend' (Duct Tape). May not be pretty, but it won't hurt as much.

The alternative is to have a joyriding kid run into you with a truck like I did a couple of years ago. You definitely enter and exit very carefully, or suffer the pain it causes.

[This message has been edited by HCBPH (edited 10-19-1999).]

Old 10-19-1999, 02:00 PM
Stapling foam to one's forehead to cushion the blow is kinda extreme, don't you think? Not a bad idea, though. Might drop a few jaws in the old Walmart, though.

All you lumoxes bashing your knees, try using the Racer's Tape to hold foam to your knees. That'll protect the dash some.

------------------
Black 2000 SC short-box XLT. 4.2 V-6, 5-speed, 3.55 Limited Slip. Side steps, CD, remote entry, factory box liner. My add-ons: Older Windstar (driver's side) wiper blade - the one with the air scoop, because I don't slow down when it rains; "f150online" sticker and snazzy Tweetie Bird floor mats.

My second of the "new" F150s. Great trucks!

Old 10-19-1999, 08:41 PM
seacrow,
there is such a thing as the windows being too clean... I've wacked my forehead a couple of times on the window from trying to look over my left shoulder. And sometimes I'll forget to roll up my windows at night so when i go out there I can't tell if the windows are rolled up or not b/c of the angle the security light shines down on the truck, so i'll try to tap on the glass with my fingernails to tell if its there. One time when I was walking to my truck after work it looked liked the windows were down and i put my hand out to touch the glass and jammed my fingers from hitting the glass to hard.

Old 10-23-1999, 06:37 PM
How do you people get in anyway? I always put my whole leg in and place one "cheek" on the seat, then up goes the rest of me. 5'5" here and maybe more flexable than most, at least that's what my husband says. Well I'm glad I read this, having never hit my knee on the dash, now I probably will.
That grab bar just keeps the passengers mind off my driving!!

Old 10-24-1999, 12:14 AM
The grab bar gives my passengers something to hold on to when I'm driving!!!

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar, Ford bedliner, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)

Old 10-24-1999, 09:55 AM
Yeah, I agree it does give them something to hold on to, but I just wish their faces wouldn't become so antimated while holding it!

Old 10-24-1999, 10:22 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

I see that in the 2000 model Ford put in a driver's side grab handle. So those of you who 'never, hit your knee will finally get your just desserts.

Old 10-24-1999, 11:32 AM
Oh am I going to hit my knee on that now? I'm not sure if I'm that flexable. Besides if I do buy a new Truck it will be 2003. Will I still be allowed to post until then, or will my Truck be too old?

Old 10-24-1999, 11:38 AM
Well I hope your happy, I just hit my knee on my daughters new computer desk!!

Old 10-24-1999, 04:16 PM
You know, I have a 97 F150. I have never hit my knee on anything that I can remember. but then again I have also hit my head quite a few times on the holy **** handle...

Quick Reply: My knee hurts