In-dash 6cd player

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In-dash 6cd player

On Ford's website, I found the premium stereo they offer. I was thrilled to see an In-dash 6cd player. Unfortunately, I didn't know it existed when I ordered my Superduty last January as I was planning on installing a stereo myself. And, of course, the salesman never told me about it because he's the owner's son and is allowed to leave his brain at home. So I called Ford and asked for a price on just the cd player without the speakers. I got a price of around $1000.00 for all the necessary hardware and cd player. I was shocked. Since then, I have installed a Pioneer single cd player and 4 Pioneer, 3-way speakers. It's a very good system for $425.00 but I am still wondering if there is some way of getting a 6cd changer/player for the dash. I really liked the look of Ford's. Real clean and functional with no wires to run as apposed to a cd changer that is mounted elsewhere. If anyone has some info, please let me know.
On a side note, when taking the door panels off, push up - DO NOT PULL! Ford no longer has the white "christmas tree" style fasteners that push into the metal of the door. I found this out the hard way after breaking 3 tabs on the passenger side

Old 01-26-2002, 04:56 PM
I am still wondering if there is some way of getting a 6cd changer/player for the dash.
I purchased my CD-6 off of eBay, something like $200-. The part # I looked for was 1C3F-18C815-AB. The part number should be on a sticker on the back of the unit.

This part number should fit the F-150 through the F-550, and even the Ranger with minimal modification.

On my F-150 I had to cut out the plastic behind the stock OEM 'hole'. The section I cut is illustrated here. I used a Dremel to make the cuts, and did wear goggles as plastic shoots everywhere as you cut it.

Other than that, I didn't have to make any other changes. The plugs from the stock stereo just plugged right into the new CD-6.

Good luck! If you have any other questions, let me know.

Old 01-27-2002, 01:12 AM
Wow

Thanks so much. That is just the answer i was hoping to get. Man this website is just incredible!

Quick Reply: In-dash 6cd player