Cd Burner

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2001, 01:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cd Burner

MY SIS GOT A C BURNER FOR X-MAS, AND IT CAN BURN CD-RW DISKS. AS FOR ME, WELL, YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW BY NOW THAT I GOT A KENWOOD CD PLAYER. THE KENWOOD IS CD-R/CD-RW COMPATABLE(YOU SEE WHERE I'M GOING WITH THIS?) IF SHE BURNS ME A CD-RW DISK OFF THE (COMPUTER)... WILL MY KENWOOD PLAY IT? I KNOW IT DOES'NT PLAY MP3'S, BUT IS'NT AN MP3 A COMPUTER BURNT DISK? HELP ME OUT HERE FELLERS.

Old 12-25-2001, 11:34 AM
WOLVERINE,

MP3 is a compression format for music. If you have your sister copy complete CDs or select songs from music CDs that are not using any type of compression format it will work fine. I burn copies of all my music CDs and make my own mixes on my burner for use in the truck. I figure if I screw up a copy all I have to do is burn a new one from the original.
Jim

Old 12-25-2001, 01:10 PM
Wolverine;
When you get a chance, could you release your "cap lock" key/ button. Hate to think you intend on shouting at all of us over XMAS. Happy Holidays !!!

Old 12-25-2001, 03:07 PM
Wolverine:

A CD-RW should work in your Kenwood (not for MP3's, as others have noted), but I'd try one to make sure. However, unless you plan on recycling the same disc, why not stick with CD-R's since they're cheaper (at least last time I looked). There might be programs out there that can convert an MP3 to a .wav file, which you could then burn onto a CD and listen to on your Kenwood...but my understanding is that you "lose" something in the compression that creates the MP3 file to begin with [disclaimer: I don't use MP3 files, so please don't take my word for it alone :-)].

Cheers
ernie

Old 12-25-2001, 07:14 PM
Thanks guys. I'll have her make me one and play it, and we'll see what happens. Sorry if I offended you FedExPilot. I keep my caps lock button like that because I can recognize my threads easier. I'm not shouting at you, it's just the way I type sometimes. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Old 12-26-2001, 01:32 AM
Wolverine;
I'm not "offended" .... internet/ email etiquette (?spell) allows for speaking loudly/ shouting by using all caps. I assumed you didn't realize the cap lock was engaged - - at least you don't put it all in BOLD as well as UPPER CASE. Merry Christmas to all ... and to all a good night !!

Old 12-26-2001, 07:49 AM
I did'nt know that FedExPilot. Thanks. I will try to keep my Caps Lock off unless I have to capitalize a letter at the beginning of a sentence, name, etc. I really should try to type correctly. I did'nt mean to shout at all.

Old 12-30-2001, 01:15 PM
Just to let you know. I have downloaded mp3's off of the internet and converted them to standard CD format. I used my computer CD-RW to record them onto CD-R's and they play fine in my Kenwood KDC-716S. So they should work in yours also.

David

Old 12-30-2001, 06:22 PM
My Sister has one of those iomega computer-CD-RW converters(CD burner). I want to know if she downloads songs off the internet onto a CD-R, will it play it on my Kewood KDC-316S? I don't know much about the thing, but it came with a CD-R disk not an MP3 to record on. And it hooks up to the back of the computer drive. But she needs an adapter because we can't find anywhere to hook it up to. Does anyone know where an adapter can be found? It says in the Kenwood manual that if you play an MP3(I've never seen one or know what an MP3 looks like)in the Kenwood KDC-316S,it may cause playback problems. That's why I'm being so cautious and asking so many questions. So again, IF she downloads songs off the internet onto a CD-R disk, will I be able to play it in my Kenwood? Can you download songs directly onto a CD-R? Or does it have to be an MP3 disk?

Old 12-30-2001, 06:58 PM
WOLVERINE,

You can burn CD audio and MP3's onto CD-R and CD-RW disks.
A MP3 is just the file format, it isn't a special diks.
If you have Adaptec EZ CD Creater software, you can select to create a "Audio" CD and put your MP3 files into the box which contains what you want to put on the CD-R orCD-RW, and the burning software will change the MP3 file into CD-Audio files which any CD player can understand.

Since there is a change in format, from MP3 to CD Audio, you will only be able to put on 15-25 songs per disk.

Any other ?'s let me know.

Old 12-30-2001, 07:02 PM
CAN YOU TRANSLATE THAT IN ENGLISH?

Old 12-30-2001, 07:34 PM
To make a long story short,

If my Kenwood is CD-R/CD-RW compatable, and if I play a disk that says the letters "CD-R" on it, will my receiver play it? And is the sound quality the same as a regular store bought CD?

Old 12-30-2001, 08:19 PM
YES.

Old 12-30-2001, 08:22 PM
THANK YOU

Old 12-30-2001, 08:43 PM
Sorry to be so confusing Wolvie. You can download songs off of the internet BUT for you to be able to play them on your stereo you will have to convert the song from an MP3 (which is just a compression format) to audio CD using software that probably came with the CD RW. THEN yes, the CD-R will play in your Kenwood stereo.

David

Quick Reply: Cd Burner