installing tonight.

Old 12-24-2001, 09:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question installing tonight.

I'm installing my Kenwood KDC-316s cd receiver tonight, and I was just wondering if there's anything to look out for. I own a 2001 F-150 XL with the cassette player. I ordered my cd player from Crutchfield and it came with a free special adapter. Will I have to do any splicing or crimping? If anyone knows anything about this give me a holler. TIA.

Old 12-24-2001, 10:55 AM
Nice head unit. I have one of those in my car. You will have to splice the wires from the head unit to the adapter unless Crutchfield does it for you. All of the adapter harnesses come with a plug in adapter on the "factory" wiring end and just wires on the head unit end. It is not hard to do and comes with instructions and color coded wires. Have fun and good luck...

David

Old 12-24-2001, 02:58 PM
Wink

THANKS FOR THE INFO. BROKEAGIN, I DID'NT KNOW THE WIRES WERE COLOR CODED(MATCHED)WIRES. IT SHOULD BE PRETTY EAST DOING THIS MYSELF. THANKS AGAIN. AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

Old 12-24-2001, 04:55 PM
Does that mean you will be waiting till chrismas then? Starts after midnight ya know
I can picture him now . . . out in the garge watching for the clock to strike twelve with a handfull of tools and his presants.

Old 12-24-2001, 07:22 PM
Yeah, that would be a sight huh? Wolverine standing there with all of his tools laid out, both hands grasped firmly on the dash bezel just waiting for the clock to strike midnight...LOL (J/K).

David

Old 12-24-2001, 08:15 PM
HA! HA! HA! I LAUGHED SO DAMN HARD MY SIDE HURTS ON THAT ONE DAVID! I AIN'T OPENED MY CD PLAYER OR SPEAKERS YET AND IT'S ALREADY 8:03PM. I THINK I'M GONNA HAVE AN ANXIETY OR PANIC ATTACK OR SOMETHIN'. MY HANDS ARE SHAKING AND SWEATING, MY KNEES ARE CACKLING. I BELIEVE MY SUGAR IS GETTING LOW, AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE DIABETES OR NOTHIN'. MUST BE THIS DAMN COPENHAGEN SNUFF MAKING ME DIZZY AND SICK. REALLY, NO J/K. GOTTA GO. TALK TO YOU DUDES LATER. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND DRIVE SAFE!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: installing tonight.