HELP!...Anyone replace a Premium setup??

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP!...Anyone replace a Premium setup??

I have a 1997 F150 with supposedly premium system (does not list it on the window sticker but there is one square plug for the HU and an amp down back). I am wondering if any one has replaced the HU with an aftermarket one?? If so, I am wondering if you could help me out. I need to find out what the left and right speaker wires are colored, where they plug into the square plug for the original HU (or plug into a harness that would be used on a new HU). It should be a quick check if you did the install yourself or if the speaker wires on the new HU are marked for left, right, front, rear, etc.

Any help will be appreciated...thanks for your time.

Old 11-10-2001, 12:45 AM
Is there anybody out there...???

Well, someone here MUST have replaced there premium HU with an aftermarket one. Can you help me out???

Old 11-12-2001, 04:06 PM
http://www.installdr.com/ is a good place to check for wire colors. I put in an aftermarket when I had my 97 with the premium system. Metra sells a wire harness that lets you plug into the factory harness and then goes to the new HU. Easy to do.
Good luck
Eric

Old 11-15-2001, 11:58 AM
Try www.crutchfield.com they list exactly what stereo, speakers , etc will fit in your vehicle. When you order anything from them it comes with the wiring harness and step by step instructions. If you are having problems you can call there 800# and talk to a tech while you are installing the part. I ordered 2 Pioneer cd players and speakers and all fit right in with no mods.

Quick Reply: HELP!...Anyone replace a Premium setup??