Remote Start - TACH WIRE

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Start - TACH WIRE

Ok......I have been there and done that, this is kinda like stopping to ask for directions when there is a woman in the car. But here it goes........

I just installed a REMOTE START (DEI 552T) in a 1999 Expedition, I have installed about 300 remote starts over the years and I just got my A$$ kicked by this 99 EXPY,
I have used alot of different sources for infor on the wiring diagram, (bulldog, command, DEI ,Audiovox, they all said the same, and I also checked my CHILTONS manual and the PIN# it says for the tach wire on the PCM is EMPTY.

WTF! Anyways, the EXPY is my folks, so time isn't that much of a issue, I also am triggering the HEATED SEATS and the REAR DEFROST with the latched 2nd channel, that will happen some time this next week, so when I go in there to finish that I want to be able to tag that TACH WIRE. Thanks for the help, I knew I could count on you guys (and gals)

Old 10-31-2001, 12:09 AM
Lightbulb

I have a 2001 xl. and I installed a code surestart lx the tach wire on mine is the white/pink but I talked to code and he said he always uses the tan of the coil. All I can say is it took me four days to do mine (after long days at work) and my wife didn't like the fact that the brand new truck was "BROKE DOWN" in the garage but now that everything works its a whole different story. One more thing the pats sytems is a joke to program. I hope you have lots of patients. I hope all goes well

Old 10-31-2001, 10:24 AM
PATIENTS what's that!!!!!!

This EXPY is the first generation of PATS, so programming wasn't all that bad, except it was the most sensitive one I ever did, if you so much a breathed on it it would trip PATS.

Like I said, its my folks (Moms') so they understand that things don't go well all the time, I put the truck back together though, I have the tack wire run into the engine compartment, and my 2nd channel, for the Heated Seats & Rear Defrost, already ran under the carpet to the seats, so I'm doing OK, so you say TAN at the coil!!!!! Thanks, much appreciated!!!!

Old 11-04-2001, 03:03 PM
I ended up using the negative side of the fuel injector. None of the coils would work for me.

I used the injector wires in the past but its been awhile since I had to do that, works great.

I also finished wiring the Heated seats and the rear defrost up to the second channel of the 552T.

Engine is warm, seats are warm and the window is defrosted...Winter bring it on!!!!!!!

Old 11-04-2001, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I didn't figure out until after I started that the Supercrew is identical in wiring to the expedition. After three local shops I struck out. All in all it took me over a week to totally install my Hornet 553t alarm/remote start. After that fiasco, bring everything else on.

Old 11-07-2001, 08:25 PM
Under the hood on the passenger side in the rear of the compartment you will see a block of wires right between the engine and the battery, just below the power relay, it has a tin cover over it but the wires are accessable, i took the tach wire from there...pink/white. i checked it with a meter and got an AC voltage when the truck was running. It was way easier than trying to get to the wire where it enters the engine compartment on the drivers side.

See attached picture but don't make fun of my circle

Ed

Quick Reply: Remote Start - TACH WIRE