Anyone use a Dash Cam?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone use a Dash Cam?

I average about 1000 miles a week, traveling form my job. I see so many f'in idiots, I have thought about getting a dash cam.

Anybody have one/any recommendations?

Old 07-04-2016, 08:37 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
KingRanchCoy does. Ill see if I can use my super powers to summon him here

Old 07-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have one, I highly recommend the G1W-H camera. You can find em on amazon for around $50. I've had mine over a year and it's been great. Takes up to a 64gig micro SD card, has zoom in and out and once the card is full it overwrites the oldest video. Kinda a set it and forget type.

If you have any questions hollar!

Old 07-08-2016, 11:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently bought one, and returned it within a week. It was a cobra 840, and was terrible. Screen is TINY and hard to see any text, and it would get really hot when it was on. (even on mild days)
The replacement dash cam is GREAT! Super easy to program and the buttons are easily reached.
It is a Rexing V1, about $100 on amazon. It is very discreet when mounted to the windshield and worked flawlessly on our trip to the mountains this past week.
Video is very clear and you can also take photos and zoom in/out if needed. Very similar to the GW1 in function, but a smaller unit that mounts at the top of your windshield.
It has a 170 degree field of view, did fine with night video and never got hot. And we had heat indexes of over 100 degrees.
I do take it off and put it in the console when I'm parked and not planning on going anywhere for a while, no point in baking it in the sun for no reason,
and it takes about 2 seconds to mount/unmount.
The only gripe I had was the power cord needs to be longer, it was a close fit. It may be 6.5' long. But I ordered a 12' cord from amazon for a little over $10 and ran it the way I wanted to.
Overall I have been quite impressed with this dash cam, it loop records over any unsaved files and you will need to by a 32gig card.

The cord will come down from the headliner and you will not see it from the outside. You really can't see the dash cam either

Quick Reply: Anyone use a Dash Cam?