Preamps?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Preamps?

Hey guys, I just took delivery of my new Screw and I want to put my bass tube under the rear seat. My question is this, I have the factory hu (am/fm/single cd) and I was wondering if there are any preamp outputs on the back of this unit or will I have to splice into the rear spkr wires? I would like to know if it has it before I remove the hu, because if it doesn't I don't need to remove it. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-11-2001, 12:18 AM
speaker wire colors?

OK the factory unit doesn't have any preamp outputs so I have to tap into the rear factory speaker wires. Does anyone have any idea which wires are for the rear speakers. I've looked all over the net for wiring diagrams and I can't find the correct wire to tap into. Any ideas?

Old 08-11-2001, 03:11 AM
Watch out, the factory deck is amped. Connecting an amp will blow the rear channels. There is supposed to be a part you can buy to keep this from happening, though I can't remember what it's called. I don't know about the wire colors, how about getting to the rear speakers, if it's not too hard, and checking the colors there at the speakers? I have had to do that before.

Old 08-11-2001, 11:11 PM
factory amp

I don't think I will blow the factory head unit amp if I'm just taping into the factory speaker wire to send a signal to my fosgate amp then to a bass tube. The factory door speakers will still be connected to the factory radio. Hopefully I'll have some free time tomorrow to try it out and I'll post my results.

Old 08-14-2001, 10:48 PM
wow

I just did it. I hooked up my amp to my bass tube and wow. The cab on my SCrew is really sealed tight because with the bass turned up you can feel the pressure on your ears from an 8" bazooka tube. I never had that happen before. Also it fits pretty damn good under the rear drivers side seat. And all this is from the factory unit. Well I'll be out enjoying my truck now, I'll be seeing ya'll next week.

Quick Reply: Preamps?