First Time Audio System Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 04:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Time Audio System Install

Ok so I am thinking of finally taking the plunge and installing a real audio system in my truck. I've never installed something so big/expensive before, though I work in telecomm and install million dollar pieces of telecomm equipment every day. I've installed some descent HU and speakers before. I'm doing an install on a 2007 F-150 Supercrew XLT. Wanna start with replacing HU, speakers, placing an amp to drive the speakers behind the rear seat backrest and wiring it so later on I can add a sub and a 2nd amp to power the sub seperately. Putting component speakers in the front doors and coaxials in the rear doors. This is my shoping list so far:

HU:
JVC KW-R900BT
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KWR9...KW-R900BT.html
Ordering from Crutchfield for free adapters and support.

Then I plan on these items from Sonic Electronixs because of the much better price point.

1 Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-4 To drive my new speakers

1 Rockford Fosgate RFK4D Wiring kit to wire 2 Amps up to 1000 watts total. I am going to wire my new amp and prewire to make future install of dedicated sub amp easy

1 Infinity Kappa 680.9cs Front component speakers

1 Dynamat Xtreme Speaker Kit 10415

1 Rockford Fosgate R1682 Rear Coaxial speakers

Thoughts? Suggestions? Am I missing something?
Thanks guys, newbie to the forum but loving it. Been researching all day! Oh ya, this system will be blasting mosty heavy metal , Megadeth, Five Finger Death Punch, with a little bit of NWA and Beastie Boys thrown in.

Last edited by shakes2012; 04-01-2012 at 04:10 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infinity in the rear and Focal components in the front...........SWEET.

Quick Reply: First Time Audio System Install