junk stock in dash cd players

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down junk stock in dash cd players

Bought my 150 in november of 2000, two days after the cd player started to overheat. Took it to the dealer, they said 5 weeks to get a new one up. It took 5months!!! On the way home(about 30 miles), it stopped working. Went back following day, bumped someone else waiting for a new radio, went home. Started up truck in the morning, cd player wouldn't work. Took it back after work, bumped someone else. Two days later, same deal!!!

After some complaining to ford warrantee. got the old line that they could only keep replacing them until one worked. Know what was the problem??--- They ware sending me refurbed players with a cooling fan on them. They bench tested okay, but wouldn't work indash. finally got a new one with a new fan on it, works okay.

But here's the thing, authorized repair/replacement center(ford up in this country doesnt replace their own radios) said that pretty much all hooped radios are sent back to manufacture, refurbed and sent out or installed as new. Talked to dealer about this, he said it is common, practiced by all manufactures. If they put in all new parts in your vehicle it would cost you about 1.5 times what you are paying now.

How many others out there are experiencing this same thing? Realizing that their new vehicles are refurbished junk.

QUALITY IS JOB ONE!!! More like ripping us off is job one!!

Expect more great products, at higher prices, with more maintenence.

Way to go Ford.

Old 07-24-2001, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shandena

Even if you had a good head unit from day one they would still have been a peice of junk. When I got my new truck in March , as soon as I got it home I put my Alpine in the dash. Lucky for me the dash kit and the wiring harness were the same from my 99 to my 2001. It only took me 15 minutes to do the swap

I am glad you finally got a Cd Changer that works, I just wish Ford would put a quality radio in our trucks in the first place.

Quick Reply: junk stock in dash cd players