help with whip

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 03:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help with whip

Alright so i bought a family member one of those 102" stainless steel whips for Christmas and ended up with it myself. this is find due to the fact that I wanted one anyway. Here is what I want to do. I like the look of it mounted on my tool box. But I figured I might as well make it useful. I do not have a CB so I am wanting to know if I can just get an adapter and use it for my am/fm radio?

I know since it will be mounted on the tool box i will have to ground it to the frame of the truck. That is simple. Im pretty sure the length has a lot to do with performance too, I have tried to research it a little. Firestik makes a pin style adapter that can plug into the back of the stock unit. I just want to know if it would be a waste of both time and money to buy the cables and plug to use that instead of the factory antenna?

I am also willing to listen to any other suggestions about how to improve my am/fm system. Just curious as too what other stations I might be able to pick up. Thanks for any useful replies in advance.

Quick Reply: help with whip