Installed DVD Player in Dash...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed DVD Player in Dash...

How can I run the VIDEO OUT of the new IN-DASH unit to the VIDEO IN of the overhead DVD unit, so both the front and back can watch the same movie.

I have everything hooked up, but the VIDEO wire is hanging out the dash and connected to the AUX inputs on the side of the overhead DVD unit. So I have it all working, my questions are:

how do I get the VIDEO wire up to the DVD player, and how do I pluck off the DVD player so I can plug it into one of the inputs.

I dont see how to get into the rail system. I took off the sunglasses module, but how do I take of the lights and DVD so I can run a wire...

I am guessing I have to run up and around the windshield, then in right by the rearview mirror, through that rail and into the DVD? Or I could go through passenger door, up the side and over the headliner somehow???

I dont know much about the rail system, and virtually nothing while trying to surf the answers...

Old 11-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
the rails are a pain in the ***, IIRC you have to pull the caps down front and rear to expose screws, then the rails them selves have massive clips above them going into roof supports and they are really tough to pull down.

Not sure on DVD on the rail, never messed with one.

Good luck
-Patrick

Quick Reply: Installed DVD Player in Dash...