hood lip mount dual bander antenna?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hood lip mount dual bander antenna?

Anyone out there have a hood lip mount dual bander antenna? I'm look for a good quality dual bander antenna for when i have my HT in the truck. If anyone has any info on websites it would be very appreciated.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have my dual band antenna hardmounted on the roof. I know many hams that have the diamond articulating lip mount on their hoods. They work very well. Try Comet or Maldol mounts and Diamond. I know other companies that make them but these brands are well known for their quality. You can get them in NMO or SO239 type mounts. Cheapest prices are at Gigaparts.com or Universalradio.com.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Radio
I have my dual band antenna hardmounted on the roof. I know many hams that have the diamond articulating lip mount on their hoods. They work very well. Try Comet or Maldol mounts and Diamond. I know other companies that make them but these brands are well known for their quality. You can get them in NMO or SO239 type mounts. Cheapest prices are at Gigaparts.com or Universalradio.com.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:53 PM
One day I'm going to cave and cut the hole in the roof for an NMO mount on my 2010 SCREW... just need instructions for dropping the headliner. Don't think I want to mount it thru the cavity for the third brake light.

Quick Reply: hood lip mount dual bander antenna?