SYNC, USB1, USB2, Ipod and HD.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SYNC, USB1, USB2, Ipod and HD.....

So, I'm planning on doing the USB2 to glove box - HD mod soon, pretty easy.
I'm having an issue with SYNC/USB1/Ipod, now I assume that the USB1 port if the one on the face of the console below the radio correct? It has some sort of jack and USB port side by side. I connect my Ipod to that USB1 port and then say USB1 via the steering wheel controls, the broad then tells me no USB device connected. Am I doing something wrong? Should I try to connect to that USB1 port via the headunit controls, AUX/Menu/etc.? Is that not the USB1 port? The Ipod I am trying to connect is a Shuffle so it has the USB adapter on the base of the Ipod.
Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Shuffle is not supported.

Can I use my Apple iPod Shuffle with SYNC?
The Apple iPod Shuffle may be used in your vehicle, but its more simplified design does not enable it to be used via SYNC’s USB connection. If you want to use SYNC to listen to music from an iPod Shuffle, you will need to connect it to your vehicle’s auxiliary input jack and control it manually with the controls on the Shuffle. However, for this option, you will need to use a special aux-in cable and you will not be able to use voice commands and other hands-free features of SYNC.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shotgunz
The Shuffle is not supported.

Thanks

Quick Reply: SYNC, USB1, USB2, Ipod and HD.....