Thinking of selling my set-up

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking of selling my set-up

So I'm thinking of selling my subwoofers, box, and amp. I have 2 rockford fosgate shallow mount subs with a 600 watt fusion amp and a custom subwoofer box to fit under the back seat of the 97-03 F150 extended cab. I also have another box the company actually shipped out the wrong box to me back when I bought it and they never wanted it back, so I also have a box for 2 10in shallow mount subs. I was just kind of wondering what I could get out of this. I forget what I gave for this set-up about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. But money is tight right now and could use a couple extra bucks, plus I rarely listen to rap music anymore so I've been thinking of taking them out for a while now. I have a little Alpine 250 watt amp I'll probably throw back in there to run my headunit. Thanks for any advice or suggestions. I'm just trying to get an idea as to what I can get out of the set-up...

Old 07-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Can anybody at least give me a guesstamet? I'm thinking this weekend, if I don't have to bail hay since it just poured down rain like a monsoon, i'm going to take the subs/box/amp out. I just don't know what to "settle" for ya know. Just let me know what you think about this for a reserve type price:

12in shallow mount rockford fosgate subs- $60 a piece
Dual 12in subwoofer box to fit under the backseat of a 97-03 ext cab f-150-$50-$60
Fusion Amp 600 watt amp- $75
Dual 10in subwoofer box to fit under the backseat of a 97-03 ext cab f150- $50-$60

See idk it just seems like $300 for all this stuff seems a little low? But idk how well "retail" is on used audio equipment... either way $300 is an appliance payment with $50 to spare....man being out on your own is tough here at first!

Old 07-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

well if its any consolation i got 225 out of my old box ans 2 10" kicker comp vt subs (shallow mount)

id list the boxes at 75 maybe other than that your prices seem fair. maybe try for 75 a sub and let someone work you down.

also what type of amp is it? mono channel etc and is it 600 max or rms?

Old 07-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by thejake1989
well if its any consolation i got 225 out of my old box ans 2 10" kicker comp vt subs (shallow mount)

id list the boxes at 75 maybe other than that your prices seem fair. maybe try for 75 a sub and let someone work you down.

also what type of amp is it? mono channel etc and is it 600 max or rms?
Pretty sure it's a 2 channel, and it might actually be a 800 watt amp. Idk I can't remember. I'm thinking I gave like $150 or so for it brand new a few years ago. I'm going to pull them tomorrow and probably have them listed on ebay by monday. The tough part is shipping. Like if I list the boxs for $75 each and then put like $30 shipping or whatever it's going to raise the price. Thats what sucks. Because then I have to lower my price to accomidate for shipping and then I won't get as much out of them as I should.

Thanks for the help tho bro. I appreciate it because I'm at a loss as to what I can or should be able to get out of them. I'd hope to at least get $300 or so out of all this.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

thats why i like craigslist for big stuff like that

Old 07-09-2010, 12:42 AM
yeah def try craigslist first its free, nothing to loose, maybe u won't have to ship..
Goodluck

Old 07-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Ya thats true, I'll try and list it on craigslist for the boxes. Most likely it'll still have to be shipped because the 2 closest cities next to me listed are an hour away, but even at that shipping would be a lot less. How's craigslist work though? Do they just shoot you an email? Like how do you recieve payment, if your shipping it? Isn't craigslist a little more shady than ebay?

Trending Topics

Old 07-09-2010, 04:58 PM
I give up....

I took my subs and amp all out then proceeded to hook my little 200 watt amp up to run my speakers. Well my dad thought the amp was bad (why I have no clue), so we hooked up my 600 watt amp which had been powering the subs, well he touched the wrong terminal and bam, my head unit started smoking and whatnot. Well now the head unit won't turn on, and I'm pretty well convinced it's fried. I replaced the fuse it blew, and it blew a fuse in the fuse box, and as soon as you replace the fuse in the fuse box it smokes again and immediately blows the fuse in the fuse box. I'm just at a loss and quite frankly pissed off. That was a pretty expensive head unit. So tomorrow I think the local audio shop is open so we're going to take it in to them and see what is wrong with it or if it is fried. If it is fried I'm going to go ape .... I took the subs and stuff out because I simply dont use them enough to keep them, and I could use the extra jingle in my pocket. Now it's basically going back to the old stock radio for now....

Sorry for the long rant, it'll probably go un noticed anyhow, but whatever...

Last edited by Bluejay; 07-09-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Do not circumvent the language filter. No, not unnoticed

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my set-up