Ford AM/FM Single CD Cassette

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2000, 01:07 AM
LHM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ford AM/FM Single CD Cassette

Does anybody know why ford does not offer this in the F-150. That is the only thing that I regret not being able to get. I did not want to pay the extra money for the buckets and the changer. My buddy just got a F-250 SD PSD SWEET RIDE! It has the single cd cassette, and it looks the same size as the regular cassette, I think I remember reading that there was not enough room behind the dash to allow it? Is there any truth to that and also could one from a Super Duty be installed in a 150 and if so what do you think it would cost.

Thanks

LHM

------------------
2000 F-150 Super Cab XLT 4x4 ORP 5.4liter V8, Towing Package, Rear Slider, Remote keyless Entry,3.55 LS, Black Exterior, Medium Graphite interior, manual shift 4x4. Current mods Gooseneck hitch,Ford Custom Molded Splash Guards and Y pipe with duals.

Old 06-12-2000, 05:34 AM
Not sure if this'll help but check out this site. You could always call 'em or e-mail them with your query. I stumbled across it and thought it was pretty cool... Unsure if they are truly Ford factory authorized but you never know. http://www.sotelectronics.com/second.htm

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat S/C 4x4 ORP 5.4L Bright Red/gold

Old 06-12-2000, 02:29 PM
LHM
Talking

Thanks for the info ransom.

------------------
2000 F-150 Super Cab XLT 4x4 ORP 5.4liter V8, Towing Package, Rear Slider, Remote keyless Entry,3.55 LS, Black Exterior, Medium Graphite interior, manual shift 4x4. Current mods Gooseneck hitch,Ford Custom Molded Splash Guards and Y pipe with duals.

Old 06-12-2000, 04:59 PM
Lightbulb

The AM/FM/Tape/CD radio does not fit in an F150. If you took your radio out, you would see that it is wedge shaped to fit in the opening because of a wire bundle in that area. The dual media radio is a full box. I have seen people make it fit, but you have to take a dremel tool and notch a plastic shield in the back and force it in there. It is not recommended, but it can be done.

Old 06-12-2000, 11:54 PM
LHM
Angry

That sucks, it is probablly not worth the trouble or the money. I will probablly get an add on changer, although I hate having to have a remote to operate it.

LHM

------------------

Old 06-14-2000, 10:10 AM
Lightbulb

You can add the factory CD changer to your truck. It will work with the buttons on your radio. The dealer can order you one, but it costs more than buying one from a store like Best Buy. But, it will use the line input on the radio instead of an FM modulator through the antenna, which will decrease the performance of the system.

If you can get a hold of the tape/cd radio, you can try and install it. I've been told that it can fit in there with some minor modifications.

Old 06-16-2000, 12:44 AM
LHM
Question

Will a AM/FM Cassette non premium radio control a CD player. My radio does not have any CD controls. If it will, I may get one.

LHM

------------------

Trending Topics

Old 06-16-2000, 03:39 PM
Oops. I assumed you had the Premium sound system and not the base radio. The base radio does not have CD controls, the premium radio does.

Old 07-02-2000, 06:07 AM
Hey Guys,

I installed a Dual Media ( aka AM/FM/Cassette/CD ) in both my former 1999 F-150 and in my current 2000 Expi. In the F-150, I dremeled the inner part of the dash away and forced the radio to fit. Took a couple of hours and lost a dremel bit. On the Expi, I disassembled the dash and used a hacksaw blade to cut away the part of the inner dash that was in the way. Much easier install and less messy AND I didn't lose any more dremel bits. Had to slightly modify the EVO module mounting bracket to clear the radio on the Expi. I like the radio and best of all the dash still looks OEM.

Best Regards

Michael

------------------
2000 Expedition XLT, 4X4, 4.6, 3.55
C & C Group
K&N air filter
WeatherTech Vent Shades
Hellwig Sport Tech Anti-Sway Bar

Coming Soon

Cat-Back Exhaust
Performance Shocks
Fender Flares and Mud Flaps