What type of speakers, and....

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2000, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What type of speakers, and....

Ok, I have a 97 F-150..just got it! Love it!! but......

how do you tell if you have the premium stereo in it?? It has a 6-disc changer, and the auto set. also, what brand of speakers come with the truck?? they dont sound half bad to me, and i am also a Home Theater nut!! lol

what would speakers sound like with the stock head unit, and the cd player, with new speakers, all run thru an amp, with one 10" sub in the rear?? you think it would sound great???

thanks for the help!!!

Snake12

Old 03-11-2000, 10:09 AM
Talking

Check out the online tutorials at blaupunkt.com. I've been chatting with one of their technical guys, the site is incredibly helpful.
http://www.blaupunkt.com

------------------
Ninety-niner F-150 XLT, 5.4 Triton (no slap!)
4x4, Class III Tow, Oxford White and sooooo clean. :o)

Old 03-11-2000, 01:15 PM
If you have the premium unit it will have a small amp behind the head unit. As for stock speakers they are Jensen and are'nt all that great IMHO. I am upgrading the speakers this summer. Right now I am working on putting in 2 10" subs. I've got the box but am waiting for the subs to get here( IDQ DVC's).

Sounds like your truck is alot like mine. I had the premium sound system with 6disc cd-changer. I installed a Kenwood HU so I could install subs and amps easier. By doing that I could no longer use the changer. Will have to get a Kenwood changer now, hopefully it will fit in the same location.

------------------
97 F-150 S/C 4x4 ORP XLT 4.6 K&N , Flowmaster w/dual tailpipes, Bosch+4 plugs,Ford 9mm wires,Superchip.Patriot fiberglass toneau cover, Westin chrome step bars. Rear seat lift 4".
Kenwood 4011 stereo, Rockford 150a1 amp, Profile electronic crossover, and 2 10" IDQ's.

FUTURE STEREO MODS:
Memphis components in front, Pioneer 3ways in rear, amp for the components, a cd changer,
and a RF 500a2 for the subs.

FUTURE PERFORMANCE MODS:
4.10 gears, Edlebrock shocks, supercharger, Airaid, power pulleys.

Old 03-11-2000, 11:00 PM
Is there any other way to see if you have the premium?? i dont think i can get behind the head unit. But, how hard would it be to get to see that???

But, I think the sound thru the stereo isnt really that bad compared to some cars!! bass isnt bad or anything, but isnt the Bose system that i have in my Maxima!! now that sounds sweet, even with no sub in it, it is so great!! just cant wait to make the truck sound like it!! with a sub!! lol

thanks for the help

Old 03-12-2000, 01:26 AM
Take the cover off the dash in front of the stereo. Its very easy, just pops right out. With that off you might be able to see the amp. Its behind the HU and down, more behind the heater/ac. That might help you some. If that don't work take the stereo out. I believe it just slides out with a DIN tool.

Old 03-24-2000, 11:01 AM
Wolvrin 704:

I just took out my Kenwood 6011 HU out of my '97 F-150. I want to put it in my 2001 F-150. I have the premium sound. Noticed you said there was a separate amp behind the HU. Will there be a connection from that amp to my Kenwood HU. I didn't have the premium sound in the '97 F-150. I would like to use it in the new truck.

Also, did you ever install those component speakers? How do you install the tweeters without tearing up the doors?

I would like to add the tweeters but am scared to drill holes in the door panels.

Old 03-24-2000, 11:13 PM
Call Crutchfield and see if they have a connector, I didn't want to use it( I've heard the amp doesn't have that much power, in fact your HU probably has more) so I cut the connectors from the speakers to the amp and wired the speakers directly to the HU.

As for the components I have to put them on hold. First I'm still waiting on my subs, ordered from Carmedia1 3 weeks ago and am still waiting. I called Monday and they "think" they've been shipped. They better be here by this Monday or I'll be calling again. I'm also looking at getting a Hifonics Zeus 400 amp. Should be enough to power them.
Second I'm going to be a papa again and the wife wants a new car so I will have to go cheap and get 6x8's rather than components. Eventually I'll run an amp for them and someday get the components. 54Regcab has some pics in a post somewhere with his components, check his out.

Trending Topics

Old 03-24-2000, 11:16 PM
Heres the shortcut to the pics of 54Regcab's components.
https://www.f150online.com/f150board...ML/000054.html

Quick Reply: What type of speakers, and....