New Radio Time.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2000, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Radio Time.....

Ok, time to replace the factory radio in the truck. I'm down to 2 models..the Kenwood Excelon KDCX711 or the Pioneer DEHP7000R.
Anyone had any experience with either one? I think I'll get one next week..you know..birthday goodies :-)

Thanks,

Ron

------------------
'97 Ford F-150 XLT SC, 4x4, Auto, 5.4, 3.55LS, 265/75/16 BFG AT, K&N Filter,
TekStyle Tonneau, Westin Chrome Nerfs
rmagers@cet.edu
http://www.cet.edu/staff/rmagers/personal.html

Old 01-13-2000, 10:03 PM
rmagers
Are you planning on running a Amp,Component speakers, or a subwoofer.If you are look for one with 3 sets of rca pre out jacks.If not either one are good.
I personally like Alpine and I have the CDA-7845.
The Kenwood is a nice unit, if you are leaning toward Pioneer, you should look at the Pioneer Premier radios like the http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/premier/deh-p700r.htm The Premier are a step above the regular Pioneer radios.

Old 01-13-2000, 10:16 PM
Don C,

I am going to change speakers, add amps, and a sub down the road. The Alpine is a little out of my price range and Circuit City around here doesn't carry Premier Stuff, wish they did. I do like the idea of 3 sets of rca's. The Kenwood X811 has 3.

------------------
'97 Ford F-150 XLT SC, 4x4, Auto, 5.4, 3.55LS, 265/75/16 BFG AT, K&N Filter,
TekStyle Tonneau, Westin Chrome Nerfs
rmagers@cet.edu
http://www.cet.edu/staff/rmagers/personal.html

Old 01-13-2000, 10:26 PM
The Pioneer you mentioned does have 3 sets of RCA outs, I seriously considered that unit before I got mine. Don C said to check out the Premier, which is a step above, but really the only difference (I think) is a longer warranty and a remote. I think it's like an extra $20 for the Premier, again I could be wrong. The pioneer would be an excellence choice, as will the Kenwood. I auditioned the one above the x711, the x811 and was very impressed. In my opinion I would say go with the Pioneer, they give you a lot for the money with the EasyEQ, DFS, and the 4.8volt pre-outs.

Chaz

------------------
98 XLT, 4.6L V8, Reg. Cab, S/S, Dark tinted windows, Ranch Hard Tonneau Cover, Better Built Bed Rails, Lund Lunar Visor, Smitty Bilt Sure Step Bars, Headlight/Tailight Covers, Deflecta-shield window guards and bug shield, Duraliner Bed Liner, Pioneer Premier P98R CD player, Kicker Resolution 5.2 component set in front, 2 12" Kicker Solobaric Subs, 2 Kicker ZR240's for subs, Kicker ZX460 for components and rear, Alumapro 15 farad the CAP

Old 01-13-2000, 10:38 PM
Well if you plan to put a sub in down the road go for the Kenwood. The 3rd set of rca pre out jacks will allow you to control the level of your subs, right from the radio.
I have a few friends who have the Excelon radios and they love them.
I am running Boston Acoustics pro series, and a ADS amp with a single JL 8" sub. I have a regular cab, I see you have a super cab, so your sub choices are greater than what I had.
By the way nice looking truck.
Wow hobie2 is right I didn't think the Pioneer had 3 pre outs, but I just looked at there web page, and it does too. So it would control the subs also. I thought I knew everything, but look someone showed me that I don't LOL
------------------
1999 F150 4x4 4.6V8 reg cab/short bed
Oxford White with Blue two tone.
Bassani catback, superchip, custom intake with a K&N filter http://sites.netscape.net/dhco/pic

[This message has been edited by Don C (edited 01-13-2000).]

Old 01-13-2000, 11:55 PM
Thumbs up

The Pioneer does have three preouts. This is the head unit i am going to get, with that head unit i am going to stack the pioneer in dash 6 disc changer underneith it. (Part # something like cdp-6) This should eliminate that ugly gap that just putting a single din radio in will give you.
Pioneer gives more bang for the buck, and personally i think that pioneer has one of the best anti-skip systems out there.

my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: New Radio Time.....