Help with wiring...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-1999, 03:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Ok, I picked up some of those slide-on terminals at Best Buy tonight, so I think I have it all figured out...except for one other connection. What is the best way to connect the remote power-on lead from the head unit (in my case, the DSP unit) to the amp? Looks like a slightly larger version of the slide-on terminals that I got at Best Buy tonight would work well. Can anyone answer this one for me?

Todd,
That's interesting...I never thought of mounting the DSP UNDER the center console. I guess I didn't realize there was room under there so I just decided to put it IN the center console...it does take up some space in there, but it would be pretty easy to add another changer, etc since I wouldn't have to take the console apart. If you get any pictures of your install scanned, I'd be interested in seeing them. I'm planning on taking a few pictures of my install as it progresses. As of right now, I have the center console in my living room and it is now the home of a DSP and a minidisc changer. I've also removed the rear seat and have a (unconnected) power cable running from the battery to the back of the truck, so I should be able to get started on it in the morning.

Thanks again!!!

Matt

Old 09-19-1999, 12:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MattT,

I am not familiar with your dsp. Is that the model the 210 replaced? I was concerned with the power rating of the head unit power on lead, which is connected to acc. factory lead.

Anyway, I contacted Sony tech support and they told me to ignore the remote wire from the head unit - simply disconnect it. The remote lead from the 210 EQ performs exactly the same function. The remote lead off of the 210 EQ is rated at 5 (five) amps continuous. You would need to connect dozens of amps/processors to exceed this rating. This should work for your unit also.........

Todd

Quick Reply: Help with wiring...