F150 Radio Display Problems (flickering or blank)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you replace it yourself? Or did someone do it? If so, how much did it cost?

Old 01-01-2020, 09:11 PM
no display 1999 - 2000 expedition

this worked on my 99 and 00 eddie bower expeditions also. R464, and R465 had fractured on the display side, closest to the tape door. solder this side of both resistors first, if you do the other side first, the resistor will come completely loose. also, the line of about 25 or so terminals just above the cassette door needs to be checked. I had had about 9 or 10 in that row that fractured, it was easy to just touch all them up in line. the 99 had that issue, my 00 all those looked good

Old 01-21-2020, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Truckinal
Well it's done followed the directions of Ryan 1979 to a T and it works . The display is as bright as it was when it was brand new. Short story. I bought this 99 f-150 XLT 2 weeks ago and the radio display was inop. So I went on E-Bay and bought another unit for around 55-56 shipped .

Got the poorly packed unit just put in a box without any insulation what so ever. It is a wonder it even fired up. With that said I installed it and the display worked by was not as you would expect it to be. Dim in one corner and not bright at all over all .

Less than a day I mean 24 hrs it went completely blank again no display . I found this post I repaired my original and it is as bright as new . And I repaired the one I bought from e-bay. Needless to say this will probably end up back on e-bay. Thanks Ryan 1979 . Now to work on the odometer
@Truckinal it seems you know yourself around head units. Can you recommend me one?

Sorry for being off-topic. I'm looking for a good stereo and can't make my mind up which one is the best.

There are so many aftermarket stereos that it's hard to find a good one. Many of them have one digit difference in their name. Anyways I've been reading reviews on the nets and they are all hype. Most of them downplay the negatives and hype features like 7" as if it would be that important. I've found a different blog and I've set my heart on the sony xav-ax5000. The thing I liked about this blog is that it says it how it is. No sugar coating no BS. This review is a bit critical. It has highlighted some flaws that put me on the fence. What do you say?

Any tips?

Quick Reply: F150 Radio Display Problems (flickering or blank)