Anyone have Bluetooth in older body style?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have Bluetooth in older body style?

I would love to install bluetooth in my 02 Has anyone tried this? Any recommendations on how to do this?

Old 12-22-2005, 10:40 AM
The are a few ways to do this. One is to install a bluetooth car kit from Motorola or another manufacturer, or go the route I did and put in a carputer. The only other method I know of is to replace the stock radio with something like the JENSEN MP8610BT, which has bluetooth built in.

Old 12-23-2005, 01:20 PM
The previous reply pretty much states it all. On the older body style's stock head unit, you might not get the "full" integration like we can do on the new body style head units, but you should be able to get the radio to mute when the call is active. I know that I was able to do it on a '94 Explorer, '97 Mountaineer, and an '02 Taurus. The '05 F-150 is the first vehicle that I was able to toss the speaker that came with the handsfree kit in the trash since I was able to integrate it into the stock sound system.

Old 01-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Good Luck

Yah, carputer, very good call. I got rid of the radio thing a long time ago and put in a computer. For many reason, not the least of which it is the ultimate tool....well, ummmm, okay the second most ultimate tool?

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=6905

Old 01-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Cannon00000
I would love to install bluetooth in my 02 Has anyone tried this? Any recommendations on how to do this?
Yes I do. I have the Parrot 3100. Got it off of Ebay for under 200.00 and bought the harnesses for about 30.00. It was intimidating at first but following the advice of a fellow member it turned out easy. The radio automatically mutes and the parrot displays caller id etc. The only thing it doesn't do is display mute on the radio itself, but it's really not needed since one would obviously know that you are on the phone when the radio volume is muted.

I installed the small LCD screen below the cig lighter with the supplied velcro. I wanted to see how the spot would be. I would love to show you some pics but my truck is in another part of the state right now.

BTW the Parrot is much better than the bluetooth in my wifes Navigator.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:33 PM
The Parrot sounds great, I would love to see some pictures when you are able. Thanks !

Old 01-31-2006, 07:39 PM
Parrot CK3100

I have been checking this out as well, but I just saw that Alpine has a Bluetooth adapter as well, gotta figure out if it will work with my "old" IVA-D900...too much invested in this deck to upgrade to a newer one that will work with the Alpine unit, will probably go with the Parrot...

Anybody got more info on the Parrot stuff? how is the sound quality (incoming and more importantly, outgoing?)

Matt

Quick Reply: Anyone have Bluetooth in older body style?