9833 and KCA-420i installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
9833 and KCA-420i installed!!!

Well gentle"people" I just finished installing HU and 420ipod controller. The install to about 4 hours. I know that my seem long but 3 hours of it I had to use a maglite. My wife was an awesome helper too. I guess she feels that that is the least she can do. (more on why)

I did connect it to the battery, running the wire (10 Ga) through the grommet (on the drivers side) that everyones been taking about.

The hardest part of installing the HU was getting all those damn wires taped up nice and tight in order for me to have enough room to push the HU in. (No way a tuner will fit in there.)

The 420i I put....you guessed it.... in the area next to the glove box. The hardest part of that was fishing the wire to HU. I used velco to attach the unit to the "pocket's" wall.

I am very satisfied with my first radio installation. I had to send the SIRALP1 back to get a XM. Thats because I decided to buy my wife an early graduation present (graduates in May from Dental Hygienist School) of a 2005 Honda Accord Ex; that happened to come with 3 months free of XM.

So since we will both be having SAT Radio, I might has well take advantage of the 2nd SAT rate. Hopefully I will enjoy XM.

Thanks to all the "TECH SUPPORT" contributers....Your advice and experiences have helped me out tremendously.

Last edited by noirluispher; 01-07-2005 at 09:30 PM.

Quick Reply: 9833 and KCA-420i installed!!!