flip up screens

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flip up screens

i was just wondering, does anyone have a flip up headunit, like that plays DVD's - if you do, do you use it that often? im looking into one, but im not sure if it is worth the extra cost

Old 12-24-2004, 05:17 PM
I don't mean to sound like a dummy but what do you mean by a "flip up"?? I have a "flip down".

I got it because I drive alot and have kids. The kids love it and I don't have to listen to them fight or ask if we're there yet.

I do have wireless headphones which are great and I also have it hooked up into my HU, incase I ever want to listen too.

Mine is not top of the line but it does it's job. I got the flip down off of Sounddomain.com and I got the dvd player form Cardomain.com and they price match .

Old 12-25-2004, 12:51 PM
i was talking like, the head unit with a 6.5 inch screen built in.

Old 12-28-2004, 02:09 PM
khh
I was considering doing that myself..

There are ups and downs to it, I felt you have to sacrifice sound quality a bit in order to have these units in place because they dont give as much juice.. keeping in mind that no deck will be able to fully power speakers.

On the other hand you got a totally wicked flip up screen in your ride.

Its entirely how you feel, whats more important being able to watch some dvds and **** or have a totally banging stereo

For me I went with a loud stereo, I bought an Alpine cda-9831 unit, I'm putting in new front speakers Jl audio TR570-CXI early in the new year, then I'm putting in two ten inch JL audio subs..the subs will be powered by PPI amp. I will b e adding a second amp and rear speakers in the mid year because unfortunately I have to pay tuition..

Either way thats all besides the point. Think whats more important to you, sound quality or video.. Im not entirely informed about these flip up units, so you should still do more research and read customer reviews.. also I noticed a lack of quality on these units making me really iffy about investing in one.. give it a couple years they will be cheaper and better quality.

I hope this helps a bit

Old 12-28-2004, 03:00 PM
I like mine alot and it has plenty of power as well as video. Here is a pic. I will post more at the bottom of my system.

More Pics

Quick Reply: flip up screens