No mounts???? Help???

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 08:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No mounts???? Help???

Ok, I need some help here guys, I just bought an 04 F150 and I was told by my stereo installer that I couldn't have my system put in yet because there weren't any aftermarket mounts yet. Any suggestions on what I should do. I called crutchfield and they didn't have one. I need my system in, I'm paying for XM and I don't even get to use it!!!

Old 09-25-2003, 03:48 PM
Custom make one. You can buy flat sheets of ABS plastic and cut out your own. Could use fiberglass as well.

This is easier said than done.. and I have no idea what all would be required for the 2004 dash.

You should contact METRA if the custom idea doesn't suit you.
http://www.metraonline.com/
They make good install kits. You could get an idea from them on if they are available or when they might be.

Good luck.

Old 09-30-2003, 02:52 AM
Well this is my opinion on this matter. Custom work has always been present in the car audio industry for this main reason. If you don't feel it is something you can do yourself and your local installer can't or does not want to figure out a way to make it work for a reasonable price I would suggest finding a more experienced installer. It really would not that big of a hassle to put together something from either another kit, ABS, fiberglass, wood or any combination of these materials and should not cost you much more than what a standard kit would cost.

Quick Reply: No mounts???? Help???