System Test Disc

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up System Test Disc

I ordered and recieved a copy of the Autosound 2000 "My Disc"
www.autosound2000.com

This thing really puts your system to the test. From a full set of test tones to musical tracks to soundstage testing and system setup aids.
One thing that really got my attention was the last 2 tracks at the Indy Car Trials. On the second track.. after reading through the disc manual... I could actually get a sense of where the sounds were compared to the microphones. Especially when the car flew by on the track... the guy's head (he had the microphones mounted right at his ears) was turned parallel with the car's direction. You can hear the car coming from the far right.. but it never crosses all the way over to the left.. it fades away into the center of the sound stage. So you get the sense that you're actually there facing the same direction as the recorder. My system sounds good but I can still hear the left and right channel separation... its not completely centered. I'm hoping that moving my components from the doors to the kickpanels will greatly improve this.

All the other tracks are great test tracks... I realized that I can't hear any system HISS on the digital black (or complete silence) track with my head unit volume to the max.

Anyway, I've been playing around with this disc for a few days now and wanted to say to others.. if you haven't "tested" your system with a disc designed for high-end audio testing.. I would really suggest it. I know I'm glad I did. It really gave me an idea of the strengths and weaknesses of my system.

Old 08-21-2003, 07:04 AM
You wanna burn me a copy and mail it to me?

Old 08-21-2003, 05:00 PM
Banned
Originally posted by 2Trucks1Wife
You wanna burn me a copy and mail it to me?

Old 08-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I'd be willing to do that 2Trucks. I don't think you would lose any quality in the copy.

Old 08-21-2003, 10:07 PM
You have email.

Quick Reply: System Test Disc