Dvd-a

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 12:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dvd-a

I just ordered my new Pioneer AVH-P7500DVD. This is the begining of my stereo upgrade.

I got the Pioneer mainly for DVD-A. I started getting into home theatre right after buying my house a few months back. And have began to really enjoy DVD-A. It's not nesscarly the High Resolution, although thats a plus, its the way they mix it putting sounds all around you. I havent heard much about DVD-A in the mobile industry, but I think it has the potential of taking off.

I wanted to know if anyone else has started to listen to DVD-A in their home or car, and what are your impressions of the fairly new format.(I know its been out a few years, but I've been out of the audio loop for a few)

BTW- I have listened to SACD also and I like DVD-A better, although SACD has a better selection right now.

Mike

Old 07-18-2003, 03:22 PM
I have heard dvd audio and was impressed. I still think it will be a while for it catches on.

Old 07-19-2003, 08:44 PM
The DVD audio only discs are scarce around here. I do have a couple music video DVDs that sound awesome. I haven't been impressed with video CDs either. The quality just doesn't seem to be there.

Old 07-19-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Robdude30
I do have a couple music video DVDs that sound awesome.
Yea I especially like The Eagles : Hell Freezes Over concert DVD.

Bestbuy now has a pretty good selection of DVD-A. And in their Sunday add they list which new releases are in DVD-A

Old 07-19-2003, 11:50 PM
In car audio, there is no front to back separation of sounds.. only left to right. So, unless you're installing a surround sound system in your vehicle it won't be like your home theater system and have different sounds/sound levels all around you.. it will only differentiate between left and right channels.

Basically, a normal car audio setup is like a simple home STEREO system.. 2 channels left and right.

If you get a full on 5.1 surround setup in your vehicle.. I bet it would sound pretty awesome. It should sound awesome anyway if you have a nice quality system.

GOOD LUCK

Old 07-20-2003, 09:09 PM
Thumbs up

My Panasonic HU has 5.1 surround and a built in center channel speaker. Sounds better than my home setup!