Alpine CDA-9813 HU

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 09:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alpine CDA-9813 HU

Anyone know anything of this HU yet? I like the ability to play MP3s and this one now supports it where my current Alpine doesnt.
It still retains the XM control compatibilty that I need and the specs look pretty good on it.
May be a chance to kill 2 birds with one stone if its a good unit. Wife wants a new aftermarket one in hers so I could get this and install mine in her car.

Last edited by 2000FordStyle; 02-07-2003 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-17-2003, 01:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the 7995, it is great, the mp3 scan time is the same as a typical CD player
the site for Alpine is
alpine1.com
they have pruduct descriptions for all the current models.
you should be able to get a pretty good deal if you are interested in the 7995 or others from the recent model year (2002). retail on mine and from Crutchfield was $499.00 I paid $370.00 at Tweeter I am not sure what you want in your deck, but the one I got has 3 sets of pre outs (lo output) no preamp in chassis(you need external amplification) seperate sub controls, plays mp3, plays 6 seperate 6 disc changers (I have 2, but with the 10 hr mp3 play time I rarely change discs), Also plays my DVD audio(my playstationvid goes to the screen, the audio 2ch to the deck), and it has XM capability(I don't have that, I didn't want to get extravegant, uh yeah...). all are text capable.
One last coolness factor, it has a black out face option so at night, only the ***** glow and the face is oh so stealthy that my girl gets on my ____ and, well, that is for another time...
Alpine or Eclipse that is the wisest choice in audio you can make.

one last thing, my brother bought the same exact model as mine with a pre amp, it was listed as one model lower in their line, it is 40w x 4 witha a seperate 2ch RCA sub out.
the kicker, it has everything mine has AND a pre amp and it was like 50 bucks cheaper, go figure, they say mine is "perceived as a higher end piece as the lack of preamp allows a cleaner signal. I am cool with that, it just kind of bugs when you spend more for less.
good luck

Last edited by Weezell; 02-17-2003 at 01:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Alpine CDA-9813 HU