aftermarket headlight lenses.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 11:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
aftermarket headlight lenses.

I have aftermarket lenses that have those ccfl halos. One stopped working but I am almost positive it is the internal power inverter. I want to buy an aftermarket power inverter box made for these halos but will have to cut wires and bypass the internal inverter. Anyone have to fix their halos yet? Or have any helpful suggestions? Also i looked for new ones to replace them instead of having to do all this junk and they are discontinued so I can't get them again. I know some people have the same ones as me and unfortunately I am on my phone and it won't let me do my pictures to show my lights.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by timmypstyle
I have aftermarket lenses that have those ccfl halos. One stopped working but I am almost positive it is the internal power inverter. I want to buy an aftermarket power inverter box made for these halos but will have to cut wires and bypass the internal inverter. Anyone have to fix their halos yet? Or have any helpful suggestions? Also i looked for new ones to replace them instead of having to do all this junk and they are discontinued so I can't get them again. I know some people have the same ones as me and unfortunately I am on my phone and it won't let me do my pictures to show my lights.
Hi Timmy;

First - they are called headlight housings - the lens is the front clear portion only - no biggie - just fer clarity.

CCFL inverter and ring failure is a fact of life. Consider replacing them with LED rings from TRS.

If you elect to replace just the inverter, mount it externally with a connector to ease replacement down the road. To replace the rings you have to shake & bake the housings open, as you would to get to the wiring to perform bypass surgery. Given these are aftermarket, opening them should be cake ( no Permaseal ). Just go buy some fresh butyl fer the reseal. TRS sells that too, as does Napa ( 3M Window Weld ).

good luck
BSB

Last edited by MGDfan; 12-07-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet thanks. I just love the look but one hasn't worked for 2 years.

Quick Reply: aftermarket headlight lenses.