E-Fan question (Not stupid newb ?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-Fan question (Not stupid newb ?)

I was looking at all the e-fan threads but couldn find a list of things I could use to make the install easier/better.

Does anyone who has installed the Troyer kit have any tips/tricks? I am going to install them this weekend and just want to make sure I have everything I need prior. I am already going to get some RTV, extra silicone grease, shrink wrap, zip ties.

I want to also put a switch in the cab with LED's. I was looking at a thread or two about that subject but couldnt tell what all I would need/how to do it.

If we can get enough info here, maybe they will sticky it so everyone stops asking dumb questions.

Any tips/tricks?

Old 02-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Solder all of your connections and Shrink wrap them to protect them. Use tie wraps to prevent loosening of any connection. Most relay and controller problems are due to high resistance connections at the device rather than failure of the device. The high resistance connections (whether poorly done or worn out) cause heat in the connection which melts things.
Of course you sometimes get a defective one but that goes for anything.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Yea I am going to shrink wrap and solder everything. I am also going to use the RTV to hold connections in place. I def. dont want something going out, gets a little hot around here and plan on going to Phoenix.

I was looking at the install booklet from troyer and they said I need a million tools and what they said didnt make sense. That is why I wanted to know if anyone had some "Out of the book" tricks & tips

Old 02-18-2010, 03:40 PM
This thread might help with how to wire a switch into the cab

https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...tallation.html

Old 02-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Wow that is about the most complicated thing I have ever seen. I guess I wont be doing that!

Quick Reply: E-Fan question (Not stupid newb ?)