Extreamly happy with a change of a bulb!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extreamly happy with a change of a bulb!

I was over at Auto Zone today picking out some leather conditioner for my seats. I happend to walk past the bulbs for the headlights and came across a bulb by the name of "Silver Star" for the headlights. They pretty much said it gives off a whiter and brighter light then what a normal headlight bulb would be.
So I took the risk and brought headlight bulbs (2007) and also the fog light bulbs to match the headlights. I thought it was pretty expensive, it was like 85 bucks to switch out the headlight bulbs and fog's. I tell you what though, what a night and day difference! I love these lights! I took one headlight out and put the new one in, and turned the lights on to see if I saw a difference between the two lights and the factory lights from Ford were soooo yellow compared to the Silver Star lights that I have in now! Very very bright lights, they look very good!
To anyone who might want a brighter light, go with the Silver Star lights! I can't believe how yellow the factory Ford lights were compared to these!

Old 01-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Ah, the brighter to blind me with, huh Neighbor!?

Old 01-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by JTDEERE
Ah, the brighter to blind me with, huh Neighbor!?
lol I was just amazed at the difference between factory and somethign else. I never thought such a huge change like that, but its cool, I like em.

Old 01-28-2006, 07:40 PM
Soon as I buy my dads F-150 in a few months, the one in my sig, I'll probably try those bulbs. I did change the oil in my Explorer today since it was so nice out.

Old 01-28-2006, 07:55 PM
Where in "HE double hockey sticks" have been you been mountaineer!

They've been around for at least two years and talked about to death.

Do a search.

Old 01-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been using them in several vehicles for several years. That's one of the very first things that I do when I buy a different vehicle. You won't belive how many people will bright light you to dim your lights. So I hit my passing lights and they dim thiers back real quick.

Old 01-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by PSS-Mag
You won't belive how many people will bright light you to dim your lights. So I hit my passing lights and they dim thiers back real quick.
I think I did that once, I felt stupid.
Oh and Meg, for your location next to your username, "somewhere" is one word, not two. Boy, you and Tritoneer both have typos up there, cept Tritoneer has a valid excuse. Hey, your a Matt too right?

Old 01-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by JTDEERE
I think I did that once, I felt stupid.
Oh and Meg, for your location next to your username, "somewhere" is one word, not two. Boy, you and Tritoneer both have typos up there, cept Tritoneer has a valid excuse. Hey, your a Matt too right?
You just leave this long haired country boy alone.
Look at my location a little closer and all will be explained.

If I say I am some where then I am indeed some where. If I said I was somewhere then I would be there and not some where. If I knew the location of where, then I would not be lost some where and then I might be somewhere. But as of now, for all I know I could be anywhere so I am here some where.

Old 01-28-2006, 10:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm shocked. Tritoneer managed to change a light bulb without breaking his truck or injuring himself. Somebody notify the President.

Old 01-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RockyJSquirrel
I'm shocked. Tritoneer managed to change a light bulb without breaking his truck or injuring himself. Somebody notify the President.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give it some time... pretty soon we'll have him in the ELECTRICAL forum asking about why he keeps blowing fuses... I see it reading something like this:

Originally Posted by mountaineer02v8
Guys - I instald SilvurStar headlite bulbs two days aggo and I keep blowing fuzes. Can sumone help?

RP

Old 01-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give it some time... pretty soon we'll have him in the ELECTRICAL forum asking about why he keeps blowing fuses... I see it reading something like this:
Originally Posted by mountaineer02v8
Guys - I instald SilvurStar headlite bulbs two days aggo and I keep blowing fuzes. Can sumone help?
MUHAHAHA

ROTLMAO.

That is funny on soooo many levels.

Yes JT, I know.. SO is spelled so. But for literature imagery I added some o's to express the drawl.

Old 01-29-2006, 12:16 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
RP= to funny. Now wasn't the mountainman just complaining how broke he was but he has 85 bucks for headlights. He could have used the money and bought some hooked on phonic stuff and make himself a bit brighter.

Old 01-29-2006, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by buckdropper
RP= to funny. Now wasn't the mountainman just complaining how broke he was but he has 85 bucks for headlights. He could have used the money and bought some hooked on phonic stuff and make himself a bit brighter.
It's Hooked On Phonics!
Originally Posted by Mattineer
No111 its fonickz!!
Actually, I put the white bulbs in my truck too, because Advance Auto had a rebate sale going on with them...wow, what a difference they made. You really can see so much more with these. And as for blinding people with my lights, I have a 10mil candlepower "flashlight" in my truck for that. You can see me from miles away with that thing. It has lit up my friends neighbors house from over a 1/2 mile away.

Old 01-29-2006, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

RP
Thanks RP, I knew I could always count on you for support (by the way, nice spelling!)

Old 01-29-2006, 01:50 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
QUOTE= Zaairman]It's Hooked On Phonics! Quote

Whats your point???

Quick Reply: Extreamly happy with a change of a bulb!